Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlamp Bulb Change

Jovensis

I am about to change the bulbs on my headlamps but it looks like a nightmare on the passenger side to get that rataining clip off. Anyone done it, and do you have to remove the Battery?

Cheers J

There are many posts on this subject try to do a search on the subject ! and don't forget about the problem some avensis owners have had regarding the bulbs melting in the bulb holders and are being replaced under warranty.

So I would not replace the bulbs with anything that would invalidate your warranty

Hope it helps

I agree with bjw's comments. If you do change the bulbs and you do not want to break the bulb holders remove the front bumper, the headlamps are more accessible then. Another thread on here tells you how to do it. You will need two people to take off the bumper to stop it getting scratched or damaged.

My dealer recommended removing the bumper and my son has an Avensis and his dealer does it that way as well. Also prevents you getting cut and bruised knuckles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links