Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlamp Adjustment

duncanda

Hi

Does anyone know how to adjust the headlights on a new model Avensis? My driving regime has changed and I'm driving more at night and like many others the beam is rubbish. My offside lights looks as though it points a few feet in front of my car. It passed it's MOT like this!! Can they adjusted to point "higher" up? I looked at them today and I can't see anything to adjust.

Thanks

Have your headlight beams deteriorated since you first had the car? If this is the case it could be your bulb holders are burnt and the bulbs have dropped thus giving you poor light. My lights are more than adequate on dipped beam. There are new bulb holders now which do not burn out. See other threads on misting up of headlights.

Hi. Thanks for the tip. To be honest they've probably been like this since I bought the car nearly 3 years ago and I got Toyota to install 50% brighter Philips bulbs. I've just noticed it more this winter due to more driving in the dark on unlit roads. Next service I'm going to get them to check the holders and adjust the beam to be higher.

My wife's 8 year old Fiesta has better dipped beam coverage!

I must agree the headlights are absolutely terrible in fact I would say they are dangerous .

I cannot understand why motor manufacturers do not pay more attention to the headlights on there vehicles .

If its any consolation I have recently bought a Verso and the headlights on dipped beam are just as poor as the avensis

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links