Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mot Help!

jayj

i got mot 2moro and i thought it ran out 2moro 2 but it ran out 7 days ago.

will i hav 2 take n e thing 2 the mot centre ????

you , :thumbsup: the car and take old cert if youv,e got it.oh and some money

No dont worry. jus as above, remember your old test certificate and bring your vehicle log book. I dont think u'll get into any trouble driving without an MOT as long as your only driving it to the test station.

You can drive without MOT and Tax to get an MOT and Tax!

Where is this information from.If car fails MOT it is unroadworthy and may NOT be driven on public road.Again there are lots of urban myths on this subject.Ring DVLA,cheap rate,long opening hours and CHECK!!!!Do not listen to friends who "think"or say"you should be ok"!4 figure fines are the norm now,look after your OWN affairs.

Where is this information from.If car fails MOT it is unroadworthy and may NOT be driven on public road.Again there are lots of urban myths on this subject.Ring DVLA,cheap rate,long opening hours and CHECK!!!!Do not listen to friends who "think"or say"you should be ok"!4 figure fines are the norm now,look after your OWN affairs.

Not quite right there.

(Not mentioning that there are plenty of cars on the road with current MOT's that aren't what you'd call roadworthy ! )- You CAN drive your car with no MOT... BUT ONLY directly to/from a garage/MOT station and ONLY if it's been pre-booked in for work/test in advance.

Not quite right there.

(Not mentioning that there are plenty of cars on the road with current MOT's that aren't what you'd call roadworthy ! )- You CAN drive your car with no MOT... BUT ONLY directly to/from a garage/MOT station and ONLY if it's been pre-booked in for work/test in advance.

The operative word on my previous post is FAIL.The vehicle may not be driven home after a failure,you are expected to leave it for repair or use recovery vehicle to get it home.Remember,any motoring offence is a crime solved if the police stop you,puts up their figures!!As for no tax,well,they wont believe any excuse,heard it ALL before.Any doubt,DVLA have manned phone lines,check with them.As for unroadworthy,brand new vehicles have been stopped in VOSA checks and failed MOT parameters,nowt is safe!!!!

When i wrote "You can drive without MOT and Tax to get an MOT and Tax!" he hadn't failed his MOT, the informaton i gave was correct as backed up by Boro Sera, please do not shout allegations before you no the facts.

Adam

When i wrote "You can drive without MOT and Tax to get an MOT and Tax!" he hadn't failed his MOT, the informaton i gave was correct as backed up by Boro Sera, please do not shout allegations before you no the facts.

Adam

Adam

My,we are touchy.If car fails it may not be driven on public roads,leave it for garage to repair.If you are stopped by police they will impound the vehicle,costs lots to liberate.Check insurance policy,probably not covered when no tax/mot.Police have heard every excuse under the sun,and mostly have insurance/mot details to hand on reg no.Wouldnt like mis-infor mation to cost anyone£60 and penalty points,just trying to be helpful.

I grant you were trying to be helpful but please do not insult other members in progress.

Is rear sticker obsructing view mate?

Take out blue light for MOT!

Good luck next time!

I grant you were trying to be helpful but please do not insult other members in progress.

Is rear sticker obsructing view mate?

Take out blue light for MOT!

Good luck next time!

I would like to know who I insulted and how.Surely not by clearing up misapprehensions,better than giving iffy advice to members I would hope.

But it wasn't "IFFY ADVICE" was it?!!

Just hope no-one takes it,drives with no tax/mot gets pulled and tellls police"but******* told me I could."They will be impressed.We will have to agree to disagree.

But then you say i am going to an MOT station, they will call them up and your booked in so hey presto they let you go!

But then you say i am going to an MOT station, they will call them up and your booked in so hey presto they let you go!

But if you're on the way back,failed,then you are in trouble.

Yes but he never said that did he :rolleyes:

anyway, what is the visor?

I said in all my posts that you may not drive vehicle home if it fails mot,and even Yaris SR Kid agrees.

I said in all my posts that you may not drive vehicle home if it fails mot,and even Yaris SR Kid agrees.

Uv totally got the wrong end of the stick welshphil! Been laughing at this post for days! :D

Uv totally got the wrong end of the stick welshphil! Been laughing at this post for days! :D

AT LAST,someone with a sense of humour.!!!No more teddies out of the pram!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links