Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Fascia - It's Not Just 6 Clips!

Big Blue Squid

I've just tried to remove the fascia from my Jan 2003 Avensis Vermont according to the instructions in the Haynes manual. Apparently I prise out the bottom 2 clips then lift it up and outward.

The bottom 2 clips came out fine followed by the two on the sides and the two at the top.

The fascia will not come away however. There is something around the height of the radio/cd keeping it locked firmly in place. The fascia came out about 2cm (1/2") from the dash and wouldn't go any further. Some wiggling and pulling later a tiny white plastic clip broke off from inside on the right hand side of the fascia (as I look at it) and now that side pulls out much further but the left is still locked in tight and I don't want to break any more clips.

There was nothing in the Haynes manual or the forums about additional clips.

Does anyone know what is holding it in, what the tiny white clips are or how to access them?

If you know how to remove the glove box that would be great too. (I'm trying to fit a hands free kit among other things).

Thank you kindly!

Mike

The car is a Jan 2003 Avensis Vermont with original radio and single cd player.

you have to lift the fascia slightly to get the clips to release after you've pulled it out the 1/2" some times it needs a little jiggling

as for the glove box i think its 2 pins which act as the hinge that pull out

This goes way beyond jiggling I think, it's immovable!

It feels like it's bolted in, lifting, jiggling, bending and pulling in all directions doesn't free it. There must be another clip like the one that broke?

Found the issue - despite what some say on this forum and ignoring the huge ommission in the Haynes manual, the January 2003 Avensis Vermont has 8 clips...

6 clips are around the fascia as mentioned which simply pull out.

The next 2 clips are large white plastic clips which require a screw driver applied top and bottom directly behind the radio head unit.

They are very hard to remove and require a long thin screw driver. These clips hold the fascia tight onto metal brackets through square holes. The clips are about 5cms in length and 1cm across.

Having depressed each clip top and bottom to release the fascia, the entire unit comes away leaving only the disconnection of cables to be completed.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links