Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4ae92 Conversion Help!

cracker

hi everyone. i really wanna put a supercharged 4agze engine into my car but dont know if its possible and if it is poosible which engine must i buy the celica 4agze or the mr2 4agze....and what else would i need to buy to make my conversion a succses....i work for a courier company so importing it is not gonna be a problem.....if the 4agze conversion is not compatible for my car then what about the 3s gte or what is possible.

hey hey i assumed you have a corolla ee90 yea?

you have certain engine choices like

the silvertop(SVT) 20v 4age 1.6

blacktop(BT) 20v 15age 1.6

or the 4agze(supercharger) from ae92 or ae101

if you are really interested to get this 4agze to your ride.

you should get it from the ae92 or the ae101 suprcharger models.

yep it can be done and is a very easy conversion.

try to get a front cut from an AE-101 corolla levin as then you have every thing you need.

the only tricky bit is the wiring as there are a few wires that need changing but there is info on the web about this

Hey dude....i think you should just look into the 20v 6speed silvertop conversion. Basically a rxi motor!

You driving a "taz" or "conquest" ??

I live in London, but am from SA. If you need any parts let me know. Can arrange something.

Good Luck with your motor.

hey thanks 4 all ur help guys first off.....secondly i dont know what a levin101 is nor what a ae92 is(i thought my car was a ae92) what i do know is that its called a conqest sport in sa and its a 1992 model without fuel injectors....i have looked for help of web sites but dont known whhat all the part names mean nor which car they are refering to as sa names are different.i ask shops (supposed to be good and very knowledgable) but they usaully just try 2 force shomething on me or they dont also no about the conversion....and they all dont wanna answer my question and their not helpfull att all.one guy at a local engine and gearbox importing place even refused to help me because he said i was wasting his time its either i buy the motor or f o k off.so to prove that im not trying to waste his time i bought it but after he listned to me while paying for it he said i could rather just leave a deposit untill i filly decide what i wanna do to prevent it from being sold .....so i did that paid r12000 for a 3zgt.is that a good price) web links would also help me as i read allot of tech refernces but still dont understand.i work for a courier company so i gt importing all sorted....i sent a letter to the head technian andd mechanic at market toyota to ask them a few things but instead they replied by telling me they are willing to do installation after hours at work cause they always wanted to do one but i still gotta pay them for it..any advice thanx guys and yes guys i dont know a great deal about cars but what i do know is that i love tthe sport and even though i dont know certain things iwanna learn....i really wanna get my car runnin nicley....thats all....i wanna run the paint of vtechs and sti's. help a sa toyota loyal fan out.

• 1 month later...

take a drive down the coast to Somerset West on the N2 and drop into Jimmy's Service center (0027 2185 37194) and tell him you want the engine fitted...

• 4 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

hi everyone. i really wanna put a supercharged 4agze engine into my car but dont know if its possible and if it is poosible which engine must i buy the celica 4agze or the mr2 4agze....and what else would i need to buy to make my conversion a succses....i work for a courier company so importing it is not gonna be a problem.....if the 4agze conversion is not compatible for my car then what about the 3s gte or what is possible.

Hi Mate i know the car you have this is the AE92 model conquest. They were made in SA and known as conquest and conquests RSI. The new models then were called TAZ. The best conversion is the 4AGZE AE92 or AE101 Model which is the supercharged version of the 4AGE/4AFE which is what you have. You are best of getting a front cut of a Toyota Levin which is similar to a toyota conquest but was only made in Japan. The reason why i say front cut is you will have the whole wiring loom and drive shafts etc that you will need for the conversion.

This conversion is straight forward and if you have an engine crane you can litterally do it yourself. It fits bolt for bolt. The best thing to do is replace all your suspension bushes for superflex ones and have a good suspension with cross drilled discs too. The only thing you may need help with is the wiring loom but am sure you should be able to fing a motor electrician who can do that for you and that way u will keep costs low.

The 3SGTE (turbo) engines from celica/mr2 can be fitted but these will need modification of mountings etc and can take time as you have to get it right.

I my self have a conquest RSI which is from SA. I was in Zambia and have now moved to UK. I have done this conversion and it is lacker. Any thing else let me know. I will try and get pics loaded so u can see !

lacker

You mean Lekker? :P

Far too many of us ex-south africans in the UK now... :rolleyes:

There's loads of places in SA which can tune the 4A engines - far more than here in the UK.

Contact Jason at Bok Motorsport (http://www.bokmotorsport.co.uk/) he'll point you in the right direction (he used to be involved in motorsport in SA and has loads of experience with 4A's :thumbsup: although he's now based in the UK).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links