Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pre Immigration To Canada Check List..

Fizz

As most of you will know i keep mentioning that a move to Canada is on the cards in the near future so I thought id put down where I currently stand and ask for opinions.

Right.. done a bit researching into the move and so far have looked at the following.

Job prospects in Toronto and Cambridge (which is about 50 miles out from Toronto) and compared the salary to what im currently on for the same line of work.

I have found out that Test Analyst roles in the area i want to move to has a banding of roughly $50K to $70k Cad. In real monies that’s £22k to £30k Gbp.

Now im currently on £22k here at the moment and cant really see that going above £25k in the next couple of years unless i move jobs etc.

Here on a combined wage for me and the missus we can just about stretch to £122k mortgage which is an ex metro 3 bed semi in a half decent area in Bradford.

In Cambridge (Canada) on my sole income (call it base level $55k) I can get up to $170k (£75k Gbp) mortgage which would give me a 2 bed semi in a nice area according to a chap Ive been chatting to who lives in the area. Mortgage repayments would be about $1k per month over 25 years.

So... Jobs are a plenty... I have the relevant experience to get a job fingers crossed without too much trouble. Cambridge has a good source of IT jobs going by my findings. Also My other half will be getting part time work but i dont want to use that in the sums as im working on a worst case scenario.

Only problem that lies is the fact I wont have a credit rating over in Canada. Im wondering how people who move over there work round this as there must be a way.

Nafisa's has extended family who live in Cambridge and I have been told they will be happy to put us up till we get our own place.

What am i forgetting about in the equation that’s obviously a flaw? there must be something that i have missed.

Anyway... please add your thoughts and advice accordingly... :thumbsup:

p.s) forgot to add that my wife has a Canadian and British passport so it should be easy enought o go over :yes:

Can't see there being much else. Just as long as you pass the "test" for being able to emigrate in to Canada.

Other than driving license?

aye well i was thinking that... wonder if cars really are cheaper over the pond. :P

If memory served me, yes they were...

Thought about emigrating to Vancouver myself a few times.

Don't forget to give way to the right at intersections, and if the car in front goes straight through a red light, then he's probably turning right. ;)

Have you looked into the shipping costs to get all of your belongings across the pond? In some instances you will be financially better off just selling it here and buying new when you arrive.

Well my mate has finally managed permanent residence over there after a five year battle with imagration. Its not easy. Immigration is a night mare and involved things like him flying back over here to get a british medical and then back over there.

He is college educated, with an honous degree, qualified and was employed as a GIS data officer. His father was a police man in the yorkshire force and his mother was a head master at a primary school. He did not smoke or drink, a fitness fanatic without any criminal record and a clean driving licence. And it was a serious battle to get in. He had financial backing and a job to go to and honestly you would not believe how hard it was

He is now a happy resident of Nova Scotia, and last week purchased his new home with his long time Canadian girlfriend. All reports are good, just the battle for them to let him in. It is possible so good luck if you go for it but I can only say again dont think it will be a push over, thats cour current country you are thinking of.

But if you get in you will be speaking french, have two cars with at least one a big powerless V8 and have a house with a swiming pool. sounds like a good deal, think I will look at my carrear field too. He has now got two jobs, which is quite common over there

:thumbsup:

Well my mate has finally managed permanent residence over there after a five year battle with imagration. Its not easy. Immigration is a night mare and involved things like him flying back over here to get a british medical and then back over there.

He is college educated, with an honous degree, qualified and was employed as a GIS data officer. His father was a police man in the yorkshire force and his mother was a head master at a primary school. He did not smoke or drink, a fitness fanatic without any criminal record and a clean driving licence. And it was a serious battle to get in. He had financial backing and a job to go to and honestly you would not believe how hard it was

Pity the UK isn't the same :angry:

We just let any old Tom D1ck and Abdul in :ffs:

:crybaby:

Martin... As already stated, My wife has a Canadian passport already and can sponsor me over.

Better still the laws were amended over there recently where by i can actually reside in Canada while the application is going through! :thumbsup:

Getting accross wont be an issue fingers crossed because as stated she has family over there and was born there herself before moving over as a toddler. :yes:

TVOR... try and be a bit more tactful when expressing your concerns... ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links