Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Voice-activated System Malfunction On The Avensis T4 1.8vvti(53model)

Macky

I have an Avensis T4 1.8 VVTI(53model). The voice-activated system, which is operated by pressing a button on the steering wheel is malfunctioning. Whenever I give it a command it responds by saying ''system does not understand your command .Please rephrase your command.'' It responds in this way regardless of who is giving the command. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Avensis T4 1.8 VVTI(53model). The voice-activated system, which is operated by pressing a button on the steering wheel is malfunctioning. Whenever I give it a command it responds by saying ''system does not understand your command .Please rephrase your command.'' It responds in this way regardless of who is giving the command. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Macky, I just bought an Avensis T Spirit (what a machine) :yahoo: my voice activation worked ok for a couple of times and now does the same as yours - :crybaby: It is almost certainly the microphone is disconnected (however if you find a cure could you let me know) - otherwise I think I'm gonna wait 'till the next service - Cheers

Hi Macky, I just bought an Avensis T Spirit (what a machine) :yahoo: my voice activation worked ok for a couple of times and now does the same as yours - :crybaby: It is almost certainly the microphone is disconnected (however if you find a cure could you let me know) - otherwise I think I'm gonna wait 'till the next service - Cheers

Hi Bully 1

My voice-activated system works occasionally. I’m inclined to agree with you in thinking that it has something to do with the microphone connection. I suppose it’s a luxury I could live without but my attitude is that, surely, it should work if it’s part of the car .

I travelled from Eastbourne back to London today and it worked very well. I was able to ask the satnav for alternative routes etc, without having to take my eyes off the road to mess around with any buttons. I’m now beginning to think it not just a luxury, it’s an excellent safety feature too! I will let you know if I find a solution and I hope you’d do the same.

Regards

Macky.

Macky, It looks like I'll be getting it repaired sooner rather than later, as everytime I try it to see if it has started working, the more wound up I am getting :ffs: I did look at the microphone connections and they seem ok (Maybe the thing just needs powering down completely- but I ain't doin' that :eek: also I just realised that the dealer hasn't given me the "new" MOT cert. - they probably forgot, so they can do that at the same time. I'll let you know what they come up with - might take a couple of weeks

Cheers for now

Hi Bully 1

My voice-activated system works occasionally. I’m inclined to agree with you in thinking that it has something to do with the microphone connection. I suppose it’s a luxury I could live without but my attitude is that, surely, it should work if it’s part of the car .

I travelled from Eastbourne back to London today and it worked very well. I was able to ask the satnav for alternative routes etc, without having to take my eyes off the road to mess around with any buttons. I’m now beginning to think it not just a luxury, it’s an excellent safety feature too! I will let you know if I find a solution and I hope you’d do the same.

Regards

Macky.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links