Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

One Dead Xbox.....

Jimlad

Ok.. so after about 6months of ownership my xbox decided to die on me!!

Got the dreaded 3rings of light thing.

After doing a bit of searching I found it's mainly due to poor manufacturing process on MS part.

Two ways to fix it.... a heat gun, or some household towels.

Guess which I'm doing.....

image-upload-2-743396.jpg

Info as per here... http://thexboxdomain.net/2007/01/15/the-to...ick-fixes-360s/

I'll post soon to let you know if it works. If not, I'll have to hunt out my Argos receipt (hopefully I can find it) and take it back.

ps..... xbox is making noise now... fans getting faster!.. lol.

You're not gonna believe this... it bluddy worked!!! LMAO!!!!!!!

.... but for how long??..........

Mmm....

It worked, it didn't... it worked, it didn't... screen went green... then fine, then kept on crashing on startup..

Now I'm talking to JAppy and it seems to be working again... lol.

You used the wrong colour towels.............................the Xbox will never be the same again ;)

WTF ...... that is crazy ??????????

Plus how do you have your xbox on it's side or standing up?

Might be worth buying one of those fan kits - mind you I would rather get a new xbox ;)

You should build a sauna around it!

Mines ok thank god, dont know what I would do without it!

I was cacking myself!! At least it's still working!! Those fan kits won't fix it, it's because of poor soldering manufacturing.. .or something.

If it breaks again it's going back to argos.

Im on my 5th believe it or not , how could microsoft release such **** ?

As soon as my ps3 arrives its in the bin though .

Really??.....

But I love Xbox Live.... PS3 version of it is poo apparantly.

X box live has been the most impresive part of the 360 i thought !!

On line gaming is now taking over my life .

But ive always been a playstation man and i got a chance of a good deal and guaranteed delivery on the 23rd (5 game package) through the work .

I'll give the 360 to my Lil brother and he can use it unless the ps3 is really bad :!Removed!:

Just to quote you completely out of context.....

As soon as my ps3 arrives its in the bin though .

Yup that's definitely the best place for a PS3. :D

Seeing as bonus month is coming up, I'll probably buy a Wii for the missus and get myself a 360 in a few months. I won't be touching the PS3 with a barge pole.

why do people think the ps3 is gonna be so bad ?

Sony arent gonna release a console that isnt up to standard , lets face the facts its gonna be good , very good . Im a huge 360 fan even with its problems but i cant help think that the ps3 is gonna be better .

NO doubt the PS3 will be good. But for me there's no reason to buy one at the moment over the 360.

Plus for the price, you could buy a 360 and a Wii could you not??

Its the fact that the 360 has so much support online and fan base.

I have heard bad things about the PS3 tho.

Sony arent gonna release a console that isnt up to standard , lets face the facts its gonna be good , very good . Im a huge 360 fan even with its problems but i cant help think that the ps3 is gonna be better .

You mean apart from them stripping out hardware support for PS2 games in the European version and as games aren't updateable it means backwards compatability is going to be incredibly patchy at best.

Oh and the really dodgy throughput of the consoles memory.

The ridiculous costs

and the fact that the online functionality is going to be a pale imitation of the xbox/xb360 ones.

Ooooh oooh and the ridiculous development costs of games and the dominance of both the 360 and the Wii means developers aren't likely to touch it. So the range of games will be rubbish.

You mean apart from them stripping out hardware support for PS2 games in the European version and as games aren't updateable it means backwards compatability is going to be incredibly patchy at best.

Oh and the really dodgy throughput of the consoles memory.

The ridiculous costs

and the fact that the online functionality is going to be a pale imitation of the xbox/xb360 ones.

Ooooh oooh and the ridiculous development costs of games and the dominance of both the 360 and the Wii means developers aren't likely to touch it. So the range of games will be rubbish.

Case closed I think! :thumbsup:

Sorry guys. I can only apologise for my last post here....... I forgot to mention that the cell processor is so complicated that the developers are struggling to work out what it does and therefore can't really develop any decent features that are able to use it's power.

However not to be completely biased, Sony have finally settled their law suit so you should be able to see controllers with rumble packs showing up on the shelves in 4 or 5 years... oops I mean months. :thumbsup:

No idea why ur all arguin about it.

Just get one of each =P Haha

And use the PS3 as a door stop.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links