Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Opinions

cobalt

Hi

This is my first post so please bear with me if this has been asked before.

I currently own a S Class merc. which I am keeping but I have now decided to buy a Avensis for running around in the mercs to big for car parks SO I HAVE AROUND £7000 TO SPARE FOR THE CAR WHICH AVENSIS DO YOU RECOMEND IT MUST BE THE POST 53 SHAPE NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE LATEST SHAPE.

Thanks Cobalt

Hi

I currently own a S Class merc. which I am keeping but I have now decided to buy a Avensis for running around in the mercs to big for car parks SO I HAVE AROUND £7000 TO SPARE FOR THE CAR WHICH AVENSIS DO YOU RECOMEND IT MUST BE THE POST 53 SHAPE NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE LATEST SHAPE.

Thanks Cobalt

Would recommend the T-Spirit spec, which includes electric seats, leather, split climate control, 17 inch alloys, auto dim mirrors, auto rain sensing wipers, cruise control, (and I think sat nav.... sat nav is standard on the lower T4 spec) so you don't feel too distanced from the spec in your S Class.

The 1.8 engine of that era seems to have some oil consumption issues when it reaches about 50k miles (or can have). The 2 litre standard in the T-spirit doesn't appear to have this problem.

A 53 last year in May was about 10k from a Toyota dealer, not sure what prices are this year.

The 2 litre car residuals appear softer than the 1.8 and can had for larger savings, as most people like the more frugal 1.8

The 1.8 will possibly feel underpowered compared to your S Class.

Here's an example I found from one of the London Car Supermarkets at less than 7k

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_...200711275091953

Hi

Thanks Cobalt

Would recommend the T-Spirit spec, which includes electric seats, leather, split climate control, 17 inch alloys, auto dim mirrors, auto rain sensing wipers, cruise control, (and I think sat nav.... sat nav is standard on the lower T4 spec) so you don't feel too distanced from the spec in your S Class.

The 1.8 engine of that era seems to have some oil consumption issues when it reaches about 50k miles (or can have). The 2 litre standard in the T-spirit doesn't appear to have this problem.

A 53 last year in May was about 10k from a Toyota dealer, not sure what prices are this year.

The 2 litre car residuals appear softer than the 1.8 and can had for larger savings, as most people like the more frugal 1.8

Here's an example I found from one of the London Car Supermarkets at less than 7k

Hi

Thanks Cobalt

Thanks for the info it seems from searching the forum there is a issue with big end problems/restricted oilways etc. has this been resolved in the 53 onwards models

Hi

Thanks Cobalt

Hi

Thanks Cobalt

Thanks for the info it seems from searching the forum there is a issue with big end problems/restricted oilways etc. has this been resolved in the 53 onwards model.

cobalt

Thanks for the info it seems from searching the forum there is a issue with big end problems/restricted oilways etc. has this been resolved in the 53 onwards model.

cobalt

Could get a nice Camry for that sort of money, as good if not better from my experience than the Mercedes E-class, only a fraction bigger than the Avensis, but more spec, more comfort, made in Japan, and no known engine faults, choice of 2.4 4-cylinder or 3.0 V6.

I appreciate what you are saying but I really fancy a Avensis its just this oilway thing that bothers me is the problem only with the 1.8 engine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links