Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Running On Vegetable Oil

kingdeacon

prob a bit mad to try this :yes:

I seen on tv in the past, think it was fifth gear where they run a diesel car on vegetable oil. So i just been at asda doing the shopping and saw they had it on offer, 15L for £7 which is 46p per Litre. I read up on it and to run a 100% mix of veg oil need a heater as its a tad thick. but they say up to 50/50 mix with normal diesel is ok. so i just put in 15L of veg oil with about that in diesel. drove about 10 miles so far and so far so good, running just the same as normal apart from the smell out the exhaust is different, much nicer to.

its in my 1998 ford transit by the way :thumbsup:

will let you know if i brake it

One of my drivers runs his car on cooking oil, he says you can only smell the chippy smell in traffic.

I'm thinking of getting a deisel as a second car & running it on Oil,

but now the thieving tax man wants tax for doing it :ffs: :censor:

J

Leeky Tried this in his Scorpio :lol: I don't think it broke it....

he may want tax on it, but how will he ever know?

and why the hell should he get any tax for me being green anyway? veg oil grows in a field and has less carbon emestions when burnt, they should be getting farmers to grow this stuff all other the place all over the world as its better than burning crude oil fosil fules plus when its being grown the plants suck up the crap and put out oxegen. rather than growing heroin in afganastain they could be growing rape seed to fule a greener planet and cut out the drug trades money and help the poorer parts make some cash. but no the world leaders are to greedy for clever ideas like that.

off my soap box

http://www.biodieselnow.com

My neighbour runs his transit on a vegetable oil mix.

Beware of waxing blocking your fuel lines with SVO though.

A

cool, has he modded the van in any way? and does he use 100% veg oil?

I'm going to run this batch out then change the filter for a new one, i just read on that site you posted up it cleans the crud out of the lines left behind from years of diesel use so can block or wax up the filter. I just been for a drive and the engine is much more smoth than it used to be on diesel and makes less noise. I want to try it 100% but need some sort of heater i think, still need to look in to it more yet

Running on veg oil is ok if you use it in percentages with diesel (40/60%). The veg oil hasn't got the right viscosity to run an engine on it's own in colder months and you will find the larger vegoil to diesel ratio you use will make it lumpy.

It does seem to improve engine noise and makes it smoother though, but as said you need to be registered to use it legally for the robbing government to make it nearly as xp as just using diesel :rolleyes:

Fuel seals can be a problem, and I'm not sure if all makes & models of diesel engines suit it. Just be aware that a lot of people read these forums so don't claim you're using it if you're not registered. When my hubby had his Mitsi Delica, there was a guy on the Mitsi forum who said he got stopped at Dover and had his tank dipped because he had a club members sticker on his car...

..word can spread. Luckily I have a MR2 officer!!! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links