Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Telewest/virgin Media Costomers

cfc1

Have any of you heard the news on an upgrade for users of the 10mb connection?

Virgin Media has announced plans to double the maximum download speed on its top-tier broadband service by the summer, upping it to 20Mbps.

Assuming no network problems, the rollout will be complete by June. Virgin Media claim that users can expect at least 'up to 16Mbps' service, though we know that the 'up to' terminology covers a multitude of slow connections.

On top of that they are allready testing out a 50mb line too.

Yeah I heard about this roughly 2 weeks ago. It is a response to everyone jumping ship to use ADSL2 (i.e. 24mbps services).

I'd much rather have a 20mbps cable connection as opposed to a 24mbps adsl one due to the superior sustainable speeds and stability of the line :thumbsup:

Again it's a shame I'm on the 4mb service but I'm hopeful we'll be bumped up to 10mb (this is a wish, and not a rumour or announcement though :crybaby: )

This is sweet - I wonder what is the maxium speed you can get on an DSL line compaired to a ADSL line?

Also with a ASDL it also depends on how far away you are from the exchange too?

Virgin rock :yahoo:

im on the 4mb i think with them at the folks house...

Expensive but in 5 years its only let me down 3 times (more than a days down time each time) which aint bad is it...

I have to agree.. very few problems with the old telewest.. just hope that this Virgin Media lot are as good.. and so far it seems to be.

Awesome, I'm going to phone up and complain I am really missing episodes of Lost and other crappy american TV and that I am thinking of leaving unless they up me to 10 meg :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links