Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Alarm Probs

Paulnb

Hiya.

Well my 98 18gs alarm has gone and got screwed up again , evey time i come back to my car i cant unlock it with the remotes, so have taken out the dome fuse and been driving around for a while without an alarm , the local Toyota dealer say they will have to replace the alarm box and the keys ill be looking at over £400.00 for the job but could be more depends on what they find :>(. My local car alarm centre say they can fit a cat 1 toad alarm and get rid of my factory fitted one for £230ish...my question is can u disable the factory fitted alarm like they said ? and has anyone done this ? as i am quite tempted for A, a lot cheaper and B, had nothing but probs with factory fitted one since i bought the car..please post your thoughts ..thx Paul :thumbsup:

Had exactly the same problem with my old '98 Avensis. Local auto electrician did exactly what yours is saying and put a Toad Cat1 alarm in for around 200 quid. Totally removed or bypassed the Toyota alarm and is insurance approved as well.

The only thing to note is the central locking will be operated on the *new* toad fob, not the key lock / unlock buttons any more.

Paul

Thx for the reply Paul. At least i know its correct what the alarm fella told me, going get on with it thx again ,,Paul :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Try disconnecting the siren box behind the right hand side headlamp

Paul

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links