Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who Here Likes To Drink Coke?

Fizz

Have you ever wondered why Coke comes with a smile? It’s because it gets you high. They took the cocaine out almost a hundred years ago. You know why? It was redundant.

First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.

20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)

40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.

45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

>60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

>60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.

>60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, ****** away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.

This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you’re a smoker.) But, hey, have another Coke, it’ll make you feel better.

buuuuuuuuuuuurrrrpppp.....! :D

buuuuuuuuuuuurrrrpppp.....! :D

Stop drinking crap and start finding me a car boyo! :rolleyes: :fishyface:

Wow all of that reading has made me thirsty. Luckily we have a trolley dolly that comes around the office with lots of cans of coke :yahoo:

Biologically that was poetry to my ears.

I don't like fizzy drinks.

Now I know why lol.

FIZZY DRINKS

Summary of the Scientific Evidence

There is compelling evidence that regular consumption of soft drinks leads to:

Increased rates of bone fracture

Increased long-term risk for osteoporosis (particularly in girls)

Increased risk for overweight and obesity

Increased risk for Type II Diabetes

Increased risk for kidney stones

Increased risk for dental problems

SALADS

You can't go wrong with a salad.

It's a common assumption to make, nutritionists say, but in truth, salad bars can be as dangerous to your diet as fast-food restaurants if you aren't careful.

"I don't think people realize that with portion sizes, if you add all the items up, you can add on the calories," said Jenny Gardner, a registered and licensed dietitian with CoxHealth.

"On the other hand, I definitely don't want to turn people away from the salad bar because it is a great option. Vegetables are loaded with vitamins and anti-oxidents. It is a nutrient-dense way of getting what you need instead of just taking a pill."

Salad bars have gained enormous popularity in the last few years as the healthiest option for eating out, but as the market grows more competitive, the salads have grown more extravagant ó and less healthful. Salad bar consumers may run into something more dangerous than calories: bacteria or viruses that can lead to illness.

FRUIT

Research has suggested that children are more susceptible to suffering a serious allergic reaction to kiwi fruit, Britain's Food Standards Agency said yesterday.

A study carried out at the University of Southampton found that more children under the age of five were suffering severe symptoms including collapse, tingling and itching in the mouth and swelling of the tongue.

Fruits are effectively a sweet food (with the exception of a few oily fruits like avocado). They are high in sugar, minerals, and very low in fat and protein. The sugar in fruit is rapidly assimilated.

VEGETABLES

Vegetables nearly as dangerous as under-cooked meat, study says

Scripps Howard News Service

Last update: December 12, 2006 – 8:42 AM

Fresh raw vegetables like lettuce, spinach, tomatoes and green onions were responsible for the illness or deaths of nearly 19,000 people nationwide over a five-year period.

Vegetables are nearly as dangerous as under-cooked meat when it comes to transmitting deadly food illnesses like E. coli, salmonella and hepatitis, according to a study of federal outbreak records by Scripps.

I'm not even going to mention meat (you just did :P ) :eek:

Shall we all stop eating and drinking what we like now? ;) :lol::lol:

Get some pork, and pour coke on it, keep doing it for ages and some maggots will come out :)

There's a vid somewhere and the maggots appear after only two hours :shutit:

Found it HERE (Not for the squeemish :eek: )

Edited by GIDDLEPIN

I am so NOT clicking the links to any video that shows anything my brain is trying to stop coming into conciousness :!Removed!:

I woulda thought marinating pork in coke would be rather nice... or chicken in coke for that matter

As Jesus' link says.. the Pork/Coke/maggots thing is urban myth :P

lol sweet worms on a pork chop genious,

any one put a tooth in coke............. yes i was 11!

Lets think about this logically..... pork is meat, coke is fizzy drink.... where on earth could maggots come from anyway? A fly would have to come by, lay eggs and they'd have to hatch.... that aint gonna happen in 2 hours!

And no, I havent clicked the link, I have a real serious fear of maggots.... ;)

I dont drink Coke... unless I'm in the pub... I drink proper drinks... like water and smoothies! :D

45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

So, if I neck a crate of coca-cola, I'll get a similar hit to taking some heroin? This is going to be fun :yahoo:

lol sweet worms on a pork chop genious, any put a tooth in coke............. yes i was 11!

My mum did that with a class of students... she used to be a teacher...

tooth vanished :P dissolved

lol sweet worms on a pork chop genious, any put a tooth in coke............. yes i was 11!

My mum did that with a class of students... she used to be a teacher...

tooth vanished :P dissolved

Mythbusters did a thing about coke and it was proved that it didn't dissolve teeth :yes:

Also note that both Mythbusters and Snopes have addressed the tooth-dissolving-in-a-bottle-of-Coke "experiment" and dismissed it as fable. Both also assumed that phosphoric acid would be the active agent, and completely ignored the carbonation. In the Mythbusters episode, they left the Coke bottle uncapped after dropping the tooth in, which allowed the CO2 to completely escape as the drink went flat. To me, that invalidated the test, as regards Coke in general, though it did prove that the phosphoric acid wasn't enough to eat a tooth.

posted by Kirth Gerson at 4:38 PM on August 4

The tooth fairy strikes again

I have a horrid image of a big fat hairy bloke with nasty teeth wearing a tutu in my head :huh: I need to drink some coke now..... just a little bit

Love how this thread was started by FIZZ!

Took long enough for that one to appear... :rolleyes::lol:

The tooth fairy strikes again

I have a horrid image of a big fat hairy bloke with nasty teeth wearing a tutu in my head :huh: I need to drink some coke now..... just a little bit

Somebody's been playing Leisure Suit Larry :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links