Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing Costs?

MilanoChris

Hi guys, new to the site. I own a Honda Integra DC5 and am looking at buying the Aygo 1.0 sport for my wife as the main car as mine is used mainly for trsck days and weekend fun. It's not particularly comfortable to drive due to the coilovers and it isn't exactly economical.

Anyways, I was at the Totota dealer looking at the costs and the servicing costs seemed quite high. Ranging from 160 odd to 250 odd over the years. Mine's a pretty high maintenence car but it costs me just under £100 for a minor service and about £250 ish every three years for the valve clearences.

Just wondering if these costs are the norm, or if I've managed to found an expensive dealer?

To be honest that just sounds like an expensive dealer, I know of people that pay around £125 tops for their initial servicing. If you do go for the Aygo though i would strongley recommend the Service plan and all thoughs add ons ie Warranty and the little bits and bobs.

My Sport is due for its first service next month and, when I bought it last year, I was told that the charge for the first service would be £52 and that includes a courtesy car.

My Sport is due for its first service next month and, when I bought it last year, I was told that the charge for the first service would be £52 and that includes a courtesy car.

:D we will see.

£52 is probably labour only - add vat and parts and it's gonna be circa £120 I bet.

:D we will see.

£52 is probably labour only - add vat and parts and it's gonna be circa £120 I bet.

I wonder - you may well be right

Surely it would make sense, when buying a new car, to go for the servicing package (depending on how much it costs of course)

Does anyone know what the price is and if it is a 3, 5 or 8 (as in the MINI) year deal?

Surely it would make sense, when buying a new car, to go for the servicing package (depending on how much it costs of course)

Does anyone know what the price is and if it is a 3, 5 or 8 (as in the MINI) year deal?

When buying new in the UK you can also specify a service plan - 2 products are currently available and are 3 years or 30 000 miles at £279 and 5 years or 50 000 miles at £529.

Is there anything that you don't know SMW??

My First service (10,000 mile) cost me only £49.

The diesel Aygo only needs an Oil Change every 20,000 miles. The oil is fully synthetic and about £50 for 5 litres. Unfortunately the garage (Toll House near Broadbridge Heath) changed the Oil at 10,000. They couldn't charge me because it was their mistake and they promptly sent an email out to remind other franchises to avoid making the same mistake.

At the end of the day, it felt like i had a free service

Off the top of my head, here's a summary of the more expensive service intervals. If you thrash the car, you will obviously have to increase the service frequency;

-The petrol Aygo needs a valve clearance check every 25,000 miles (according to the manual) Spark plugs every 20,000 miles. The Air filter will last for approx 40,000 miles. Timing chain is good for about 80,000 miles.

-The diesel Aygo has automatically adjusting valve clearance (rocker arms with roller followers). The timing belt is good for 160,000 miles. (No spark plugs). Renew the particulate filter every 80,000 miles. Oil every 20,000 miles. Oil filter every 60,000 miles. Coolant level will need checking, but doesn't need to be changed for the life of the vehicle.

IMO the aygo beats the competition when it comes to service costs. Alarm bells should ring for any Aygo service over £130.

Off the top of my head, here's a summary of the more expensive service intervals. If you thrash the car, you will obviously have to increase the service frequency;

-The petrol Aygo needs a valve clearance check every 25,000 miles (according to the manual) Spark plugs every 20,000 miles. The Air filter will last for approx 40,000 miles. Timing chain is good for about 80,000 miles.

-The diesel Aygo has automatically adjusting valve clearance (rocker arms with roller followers). The timing belt is good for 160,000 miles. (No spark plugs). Renew the particulate filter every 80,000 miles. Oil every 20,000 miles. Oil filter every 60,000 miles. Coolant level will need checking, but doesn't need to be changed for the life of the vehicle.

IMO the oil filter should be changed with the oil at each change and the spark plugs on the petrol model should be good for 40,000 miles

The oil filter and oil capacity on the petrol Aygo is so small that it is very unwise to let the filter go for 60,000 miles. To ensure long life of a petrol engine it is a wise man who changes the oil and filter at 10,000 miles.

It is of course entirely your choice...........................are you sure that the manual quotes those mileages?

The 60,000 oil filter change is for the diesel Aygo only. I don't remember when the oil filter should be changed for the petrol version, which is why I split the summary over 2 paragraphs.

Oil filters are always changed at the same time as the oil I thought.

I just spoke to the Mr T. Sorry, I was wrong about the oil filter. Oil Filter must be changed at 20,000 miles or every 2 years.

I phoned for a service yesterday - £93.54. Surprise Surprise that it is a very different figure to the one quoted when I collected the car when new and and amazing surprise that it is more, not less, than quoted

He even talked me out of a courtesy car as he said it will be serviced in under an hour and, by the time he had processed the paperwork for the courtesy car, my car would be well on its way to being ready

Because I got my Aygo on finance I didn't go for the service package when I got it because I wanted to keep the monthly payments down. I decided I'd pay for the services out of my savings as I when they come along, the dealer told me they are likely to be around £120.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mine was £96.50 they also did a saftey check on the seatbelts or something, wasnt really paying attention to that part as they had kept me waiting for about 2 hours.

My first service (15.000km/~10000miles) cost about 100€/66£

I also changed oils and filter at 22.500km/~14000miles by my self. It's mayby often but i get oils "almost free" so it doesnt matter.

I drive about 100-150km per day so soon i have to take it to 30.000km service...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

What type and brand of oil does Mr T use on Aygo ?

I have a Citroen C1 and they are recommending Total Quartz 5w40 ...

Hi

What type and brand of oil does Mr T use on Aygo ?

I have a Citroen C1 and they are recommending Total Quartz 5w40 ...

Petrol engine uses a preferred 5W-30 but in warm climates (where engine will not be exposed to less than -10 degrees) 20W-50 or 15W-40 can be used, Diesel is 5W-30 or 5W-40 only. Both engines hold 3.3 litres with filter. Only use fully synthetic oil.

Hi guys, new to the site. I own a Honda Integra DC5 and am looking at buying the Aygo 1.0 sport for my wife as the main car as mine is used mainly for trsck days and weekend fun. It's not particularly comfortable to drive due to the coilovers and it isn't exactly economical.

Anyways, I was at the Totota dealer looking at the costs and the servicing costs seemed quite high. Ranging from 160 odd to 250 odd over the years. Mine's a pretty high maintenence car but it costs me just under £100 for a minor service and about £250 ish every three years for the valve clearences.

Just wondering if these costs are the norm, or if I've managed to found an expensive dealer?

My service at 10K cost around 90quid and at 20K around 145quid. I phoned around a few Toyota dealers around my place but TNS quoted the lowest price so I took mine their.

I think the service cost is very reasoable.

Ben

Where can I get details on the service plan? I was quoted £380 for three years today on my Aygo Blue.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links