Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yts Hks Induction Kit

Surinder

hi...

after weeks of umming and ahhing i have decided to go with the HKS induction kit over the Blitz, main reason being easier to install and uninstall. Problem is where to get one, so far i have only seen www.tdi-plc.com offer one for sale around £160.

does anyone else know where i can get my hands on one of these things?

TIA

Surinder..

how come the hks is easier to use than the blitz one

i was just on about having the blitz one meself but you got me thinkin :(

with the blitz one you have to rotate the Battery and extend some of the Battery leads i think. Not a major problem. Me just being lazy...

i may end up with blitz depending on how much the hks one costs.

surinder..

oh rite fensport told me that when i phoned up

i was thinkin of fitting an optima or exide uprated Battery aswell, does anyone know if that will get in the way :wacko:

Have your tried Tuneacar.co.uk? They may source you one.

Also, you have to be careful with some filters as although they may give performance gains they don't filter well and you could end up damaging your engine.

Take a look at this test - some interesting results:

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_t...st/1/index.html

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_t...st/2/index.html

Zee. :)

:eek: oh dear :eek:

that dont look too promising does it! :!Removed!:

anyone back up these claims :bookworm:

:eek: oh dear :eek:

that dont look too promising does it! :!Removed!:

anyone back up these claims :bookworm:

I'll tell you once I swap out my HKS for an Apexi.......... <_<

Hi surinder

Why not go for a replacement sports airbox filter?? Can get one from fensport for around £50

jerry!!

Why not go for a replacement sports airbox filter?? Can get one from fensport for around £50

do you mean the trd replacement filter panel?

if so thats what was next in line. was thinkning of getting that and then spending the left over cash on a strut brace :)

Hi!

I have one apexi core filter and i'm going to put it in right when my induc pipe is ready

Got to say about apexi that it looks good as well is very cheap.

Maybe my YTS likes it better than HKS.

hi Surinder

i am getting the trd panel filter got to trust TRD when it comes to toyota

do you mean the trd replacement filter panel?

if so thats what was next in line. was thinking of getting that and then spending the left over cash on a strut brace :)

Hi surinder

Yes thats what i meant. Yes go for it. Also the strut brace would be great to have on the car :thumbsup: Should add to the handling mate

jerry!!

hi Surinder

i am getting the trd panel filter got to trust TRD when it comes to toyota

i'm gonna get the k&n panel, never had any problems with them in the past.

would you say its better to just have a panel filter and reroute the cold feed than to bother with an induction kit then??

:help:

hi jaxx,

that was exactly what i was planning :lol:

As a bonus may have found place that will supply K&n filters at a discount to goldmembers :thumbsup:

surinder..

When it comes to induction kit or adjusting the standard airbox with colder air and a new filter... people get all defensive and start to argue (duno why) :huh:

But this is my understanding of induction kits vs modified airboxes...

An induction 'kit' is a piece of pipe that bolts onto the existing airbox somewhere (at least in my car it does) and on the end of this said pipe, u strap on a conical filter, and if you're lucky you might get a piece of extendable 'cold air' pipe to run beneath the car, so as to guide cold air to your filter. <_< :rolleyes:

Problem is with most induction kits, the actual filter finishes up somewhere near the battery/engine which is bad... because the whole idea of induction kits is to gain colder denser air than the standard air box could... air in the engine bay is hot and less dense than the air found in the standard airbox. :(

Unless the induction kit you're going to fit is designed so that the filter resides near a wheel arch or below the engine bay/out of the way in a cold air spot I don't see the point in doing it :wacko:

If I was going to modify the air intake to my car I would buy a K&N/TRD/whatever panel filter to place in the existing airbox (because the airbox is shielded from enginebay heat) and then i'd cut into the front of the airbox, attatch some 3inch piping placed directly behind the grille so the cold air is as direct as possible, it's sheilded from the engine bay heat and you still get the benefit of a performance filter. :bookworm:

This is probably only applicable to 1.0 yaris's as I don't know much about the Tsport airbox... but it should give you an idea of what other options you have rather than an induction kit, DIY airbox method will be a sight cheaper too.

Also I seem to remember reading about people who put the HKS induction kit in their YTS's get the engine light problem

Just my 2p :yes:

sam

yarisboy...

you read my mind :hokus-pokus: !!

Jerry has already done somrthing similar to his car. The only differance is you woudlnt get the induction roar, but considering it'll cost over £100 less, who gives :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :D

jerry has drilled holes in the bottom of his airbox, that encourages the induction noise, but im not sure if it would let in any hotter air?

I'm not bothered about induction noise, i might be when i've got a proper car that doesn't sound like a sewing machine anyway :D

Hi everyone

Good write up sam :thumbsup: Well back to the topic. Yes i have modified my airbox and i have drilled a series of 1" holes into the bottom of the box and attached a 76mm pipe right onto the airbox. Now when the car is under heavy acceleration say 3000/4000rpm you get a nice induction roar from the airbox.

If must sound good as when you boot it past someone walking they always turn around to look what the hell that was :P

As for hot air coming into the box. No chance as the hole are right at the bottom of the airbox. Where if you look the airbox sit's right on top of the gear box and when you are driving along naturally you are getting cooler air rushing into the airbox. All what is needed for me to get is a performance panel filter. Which i will be buying in the future.

Surinder let me know about how much you can get the k&n panel filter for.

jerry!!

my mistake jerry, I don't know much about the Tsport airbox :)

in the 1.0 the airbox basically sits right on top of the engine heat as it were, so drilling holes there probably isn't a great idea for me

yeah a K&N filter would be a good addition but I just can't justify shedding out the £40/50 for it on my car!

I've got a 3" pipe running to the air box in place of the standard one from behind the headlight... i've tried it all over the engine bay and that seems to be the best place for it!

Doesn't do much at all for performance but there is slightly better response and the noise is more pleasing.. if not very much more :)

An induction 'kit' is a piece of pipe that bolts onto the existing airbox somewhere

yarisboy

just to correct ya on that - not being bitchy or nothing!

an induction kit completely does away with the airbox and connects directly to the throttle body by the use of an adaptor which then carries the airflow monitor and the conicle filter on the end.

also what ya have to realise with the original airbox is, its made of BLACK plastic. look back to GCSE science and youll know that black attracts heat very well, therefore producing a nice cozy oven for the air to pass through!

but thats my opinion

When it comes to induction kit or adjusting the standard airbox with colder air and a new filter... people get all defensive and start to argue (duno why)

ahmen to that!!!!

:thumbsup:

Hi everyone

Good write up sam :thumbsup: Well back to the topic. Yes i have modified my airbox and i have drilled a series of 1" holes into the bottom of the box and attached a 76mm pipe right onto the airbox. Now when the car is under heavy acceleration say 3000/4000rpm you get a nice induction roar from the airbox.

If must sound good as when you boot it past someone walking they always turn around to look what the hell that was :P

As for hot air coming into the box. No chance as the hole are right at the bottom of the airbox. Where if you look the airbox sit's right on top of the gear box and when you are driving along naturally you are getting cooler air rushing into the airbox. All what is needed for me to get is a performance panel filter. Which i will be buying in the future.

Surinder let me know about how much you can get the k&n panel filter for.

jerry!!

checkout the gold forum, price i paid is there :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links