Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rolled My Car!

Woody27

hey mate sorry to hear about your car glad your ok tho.a guy tried racing me afew months bk and clipped the front of my car it only cought the bumper and grazed the wheel alittle but the body shop had it for 5 weeks.they said parts are a pain to get for the sr because they stopped makeing it.so just ask em for it bk at salvage value.hope you get another sr tho :thumbsup:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody27

• T V O R

• Yaris SR Kid

• dawesy

sorry to hear that dude, hope it all get sorted. and yes adding a LITTLE more power WILL help to regain control. when you lift off mid corner the weight will shift from the rear to the front thus making the rear of the car go light and as such will have less grip. ITS CALLED LIFT OFF OVERSTEER. adding a LITTLE power will help balance the car as the weight will be shifted rearwards thus giving the rear tyres more grip.

yes in a rear wheel drive or rear engined car more power would be a bad thing but could be corrected by not accelerating or slowing and adding some opposite lock.

if any one doubts what im saying then please feel free to contact me for a free demo. i have been doing lift off oversteer in FWD cars for quite awhile now and think i know what im talking about.

still this dont help you now but hopefully it will help in the future.

good luck with getting it all sorted. how bad is it?

I knew about lift off oversteer but never really felt it on the road as i normally accelerate round corners. I have used it before on a rally stage on one of those experience days (my dad instructed at vision motorsport). The way i saw it was more like left foot braking shifting the weight forwards to make the back light as it is a bit more exagerated. I didn't left foot brake by the way to clear that up but did brake a little when i thought i had caught the first slide (my mistake i know but without the slippery new surface and if i was thinking more i probably wouldn't have done it/wouldn't have caused me to 180!)

The car is pretty bad though i wont get to see it until tues due to all the bank holidays. I'm almost 100% convinced it's written off as the roof being like i remember it (probably even worse) would mean a new Shell! I think it's gona be sittin in my garage for a while now while i strip it down. Atleast i'll get to know the car even more! Annoying thing is i want to sell bits to fund a new car but at the same time i would like the spares for next yaris so i could mod them etc. O well will take pics when i see it and show you all.

sorry to hear that dude, hope it all get sorted. and yes adding a LITTLE more power WILL help to regain control. when you lift off mid corner the weight will shift from the rear to the front thus making the rear of the car go light and as such will have less grip. ITS CALLED LIFT OFF OVERSTEER. adding a LITTLE power will help balance the car as the weight will be shifted rearwards thus giving the rear tyres more grip.

yes in a rear wheel drive or rear engined car more power would be a bad thing but could be corrected by not accelerating or slowing and adding some opposite lock.

if any one doubts what im saying then please feel free to contact me for a free demo. i have been doing lift off oversteer in FWD cars for quite awhile now and think i know what im talking about.

still this dont help you now but hopefully it will help in the future.

good luck with getting it all sorted. how bad is it?

whey some one that knows what he's on about!

feel for ya buddy hope it all works out and the most important thing is your ok :thumbsup:

They aren't bothered as it's tpft so not covered anyway so until the police decide what i get i cant really tell them much.

Got the car back today and is now sitting in my garage! OUCH! It's pretty bad but there are some saveable parts (full interior for exampe, alloys etc.) It's pretty caked in mud so will have to clean it down n hopefully most of it will Tcut out :P (thought i better say it before you lot do!). But yeah the manager bloke at the recovery centre was a complete ****! I removed my headlamp as it was just hanging by the cables and mud dropped on the floor. I then tried to refit the front bumper just so it didn't drag so much getting it on the lorry. He then had the flippin cheek to complain that i may leave the ground a bit muddy :? I was amazed! He had no idea if someone had died in that car etc and he even already had the power hose out cleaning one of his recovery vehicles so he could easily give the area a quick blast (which he would have to anyway as there was already mud there!) Anyway the other guy who brought it home was much nicer and was the same guy who pulled me out of the ditch. It rolled into garage fine aswell (though the front metal wheel arch is touching tire so will need to hammer that out).

Anyway here are the pics and will start sorting out stripping it down soon:

DSCI0107.jpg

DSCI0106.jpg

DSCI0105.jpg

DSCI0104.jpg

DSCI0103.jpg

DSCI0102.jpg

DSCI0101.jpg

I'm still trying to work out if you've managed to leave a single panel undamaged!

:thumbsup:

A

Boot :thumbsup: :P Maybe drivers door....

Wahoo! See, every cloud has silver lining and all that!

Only kiddin fella, tough little cookies these old Yari eh, saved your bacon anyways!!!

Glad you walked away from that. There’s a lot to be said for the toughness of the Yaris. You have to get another one :thumbsup:

What happens now?

Front bumpers not very straight either ;)

Glad you walked away without any personal damage Woody...............such a shame about your car after all your hard work :)

Already begun Stripping it down so can start selling bits off it! Already got some interest in some parts which is good! Got to start recouping some of the cost even if it does only cover getting it towed etc. Start thinking about whether there are any parts you want to offer me for yaris people! (not including mods)

I'm so sorry for your suffer.

I can imagine what you feel, becase I feel the same two weeks ago when I hit the border in a tight curve with the front left wheel (it was sand on the road). The car was almost to roll over, but the border was a little bit high, and I hitted it directly with the wheel, which saved me. So I destroyed an aluminium wheel, and the direction bar. Hopefully that was all.

But you got more :( ... I'm verry happy, because you are ok. But it's very sad to see the car like this.

I can't understand what kind of insurrance you have (I don't know the abreviations), but here I have a very good service, which are repairing cars more destroyed than yours. And after the car pass through their hands, it lookes like a new one. They have a perfectionist boss :D

(I recently repaired the scratches around the car and now the car looks awesome. Even new it haven't looked like this :P )

So maybe you can find someone who can repair yor car very well.

You know i cant believe it!

some of your comments woody really amaze me!!

things like "until my 2 years are up"

and "it only caught me out 'cos they changed the road layout"

I am an ADI (approved driving instructor) and these coments make me mad!

i am sorry about your car, but you have to learn from this.................

the two years probationary period is important but as cfc said afterwards will you drive like a muppet?

You WILL end up killing yourself or someone else! :-(

You should always treat every situation like you have never been there before.......

If you have a blind corner you go around every day, maybe you know every bump and every little trick of the road........then one day you go tear a$$ing around the corner.......(because you know it so well)....... and there is a young mother with a buggy and baby crossing the road, what do you say?

"I only killed them because they were not usually there"

You get my point yeah?

I am sorry i dont want to be angry with you but Your sort of attitude upsets me, you are still young and you have so much to learn.........but learn it now, before it is too late.

good luck mate.

Im with Arthur...

As I have said many times, i haven't been driving long (just over 4yrs) and I know that I don't know how to drive... Im learning every day. Iv told people this frequently on here and more than once to you woody in regards to comments made on left-foot braking and lift-off-oversteer. You've been passed what, a year?!? It's driving like this that causes young drivers like me to have a bad name and sky-high insurance.

Im not saying im an angel, f**k no, iv had my share of pull-overs from the police and a couple of woah! moments, but thanks to a lot of high-level tuition (auntie's in the police -filth!) I haven't come close to losing it. It's a Yaris ffs, it's not exactly a high-performance death-machine.

I know you've said the road layout has changed, but nobody else crashed there. It's 100% illegal to change a road layout and not leave some sort of signage, and the police will know this hence why they they're charging you with driving without due care and attention (which according to the highway code -I suggest you buy one of these- States that for careless or inconsiderate driving there is a maximum of £2500 fine, a possible disqualification and 3-9 points. My auntie says 50% of drivers get 3 points, so you may get lucky, the rest get 6 or more.)

Also, TPFT insurance? Why your friends got in the car i'll never know. Don't they realise that if you turn them into a vegetable they are entitled to NO compensation at all? Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.

I know Im not the only one thinking this, it just so happens that im the only one that says it. It's one hell of a lesson and my god I hope you're learning from it now. It's just such a shame that bad drivers get their hands on nice cars.

It's a Yaris ffs, it's not exactly a high-performance death-machine.

Also, TPFT insurance? Why your friends got in the car i'll never know. Don't they realise that if you turn them into a vegetable they are entitled to NO compensation at all? Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.

I have to agree with Arthur and seveer unaek, but I would just like to add that any car at high speed becomes a death machine, and I think that is where the problem lies. Just because we drive smaller lower powered cars doesn’t make them any safer when hitting someone or something.

I’m sure that any passengers or pedestrians injured in the event of any incident would be able to claim from his third party insurance. I’m sure someone will correct me if that’s incorrect.

People in his car are not insured. TPFT covers other vehicles, but nothing to do with his. The car and it's passengers take their own risks.

Also, TPFT isn't worth it for young drivers as the no-claims is only valid for other TPFT policies. So I was told by umpteen insurers when I got mine anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links