Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High Mileage Avensis - Should I Buy?

rshakey

Hi everyone.

I'm considering buying my father in law's Avensis - it's a V-reg 2.0 SR in good condition but with 120,000 miles on the clock. He's had it since new and has had no problems at all but I'm not sure how many more miles I can expect to get out of it before something big goes wrong.

Is anyone out there running a high mileage Avensis and, if so, what are your experiences?

Hello,

I am running a Y reg 1.8 VVTi, with just over 130,000 on the clock. I must be honest first, I am not that into cars to really say that everything is 100%, but it seems to drive okay for me.

Only major problem I'be had so far was one of the bearings went in the gear box just before Christmas (very unlucky timing I know :angry: ).

Apart from that it seems to be fine, but again other than being able to drive one, I know very little about cars :help:

Hope this helps

Cheers

Chris

There's taxi drivers here that have done 3x that mileage so I'd say it's a fairly safe bet. :)

It's the same engine used in the Carina E and is virtually bullet-proof. A far better bet than the later VVTI engine

It's a 3S-FE, about the best 4 cylinder engine that Toyota ever produced, it'll go forever, as above, it'll easily outlast a VVTi version.

:D Thanks for the advice - will be buying at the end of the month and will post pics then...

P.S. Turns out it has 'only' done 105000 miles - hardly used then!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links