Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Partition Magic On Windows Vista?

Jimlad

I've got Partition Magic 8 which I used to use with XP.

Now I have Vista, it no longer works... :(

Is there a free program out there that can partition a hard drive, or is there something in Vista that can do it?

Welcome to the world of VISTA.

run diskmgmt.msc and use the Shrink Volume feature, or

if its a 2nd drive you can use the bootable XP setup CD, not too sure if you can do the same with the Vista CD

Jim, just out of interest why do you want to partition the drive? :huh:

It has an option to restore it to what it was like when it was new... but if I do that, I lose anything I save on the HD. But if I create a partition for all my pics etc, etc then if I need to restore it I won't lose the stuff. :D

Saying that, I ran that crappy thing and it done stuff for about 2 mins... or should I say, it looked like it was doing something... but didn't, so I just closed the program. lol

Any programs out there like Partition Magic that work on Vista?

never used Shrink Volume feature or Vista before, maybe you need to defrag the drive to ensure all used parts are together.

or why dont you use Mirror Raid or Raid 5?

Jim - the only way what you want to do would work is with a 2nd drive.

most restore modes drop the drive back to its original shipped state - including wiping any partition info.

i'd recommend leaving the lappy's drive as it is & buy an exernal HDD.

You can pick up 100GB+ USB drives now for £50

J

I just got me a new laptop and I cant use Limewire or Pokerroom!!!! Any help would be appreciated!! lol

I just got me a new laptop and I cant use Limewire or Pokerroom!!!! Any help would be appreciated!! lol

is the laptop XP/Vista? do any error messages come up when you try & run the programs?

J

Might be worth a look at this prog called gparted link it is run from a cd outside of your operating system,so it should cope with almost anything from linux to vista.I have not used it yet so not sure how easy it is.Choose the livecd download to create a bootable disk with the prog ready to run.

Phil

It says it cant find the site on Pokerroom yet I can go on every other site I want.

and in regards to Limewire I managed to downloaded a couple of songs when i first got it but now it does not connect to limewire. I have not added or changed whats on my comp or its security settings. Its running with Norton. It obviously works with Vista but my laptop needs a setting changed, but as Im the kind of guy who gets his 1hands dirty and not his mouse then it does not take much to confuse me

hmmm, Pokerroom seems to be a bit funny, I can ping any sites with no problems except Pokerroom. IE has no problem with displaying Pokerroom.

Have you tried any other P2P client, have you checked your firewall to see if the required port is blocked. do you have the latest version of limewire

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links