Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lifted4Runners

OneTough4Runner

Text Black

alright, so i got a 95 4Runner. machanic says that i shouldn't lift it b/c in time all the componants will start to get all screwy. i really want to lift it but i don't wanna mess up my new baby. i needs someone opinion in what would happen if i did lift it

• 1 month later...

Hav you lifted that 4runner of yours yet??

I want to do the same with mine, perhaps a 2-4 inch lift.

Having looked over some of the sites in the states and the photos of their 4runners with lifts, along with the terrain they put their trucks over I really don't see an issue with adding a couple of inches in height.

It looks like you can do it via a body lift, or suspension or both. I'd opt for a suspension lift, your r upgrading and renewing bits that take a bashing day to day. There is a company in the UK who will take your truck and lift it for you;

www.supertrux.com

Another site does some good kits;

www.superlift.com

I believe if you get a kit from the states then you can be stung with import tax, but there is some good stuff out there for the 4runner.

Ebay's not bad for the odd thing, like there's a chrome rear bumper on it at the mo...

Anyway, i'd love to know if you've lifted your car yet.

Kezz

Now that's nice to know of someone who has & is using supatrux, wat are you having done?

A 6ltr v8 cant be your everyday run around! Do you compete with it?

Thnx for the reply Nick....

They have done the V8 convertion with a three speed chevy auto gearbox. At the same time they are doing an additional 2" lift. It's now got 6" of lift.

Yes it's my every day car except in the summer when I use my BlackBird.

My Hilux was only doing 22 miles per gallon with the 2.2 petrol and I have spoken to a chap who had the same convertion done and he was getting 28 miles per gallon. I was also thinking about running on gas.

Here's one of the other Hilux's he has lifted, what a beauty! I wish mine was like that!

xll01.jpg

With a bit of luck, I will be picking mine up today! Can't wait, need it for the snow.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links