Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Went On A Vw Stunt Driving Experience Day!

Fizz

OK, the guy i work next to has won the below compitition and it states that he can bring along a guest to share the experience with him.

http://film.guardian.co.uk/volkswagenhotfu...,,-1073,00.html

And guess who he has offered this spare place to!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

He has just got an email back off the VW Event organiser woman with a breakdown of the activities! B)

Hi Nigel,

Congratulations

Please find below a summary of the driving activities that will take place on 14th April at Millbrook.

High Speed Bowl Circuit: High speed demonstration lap by professionals after you get the chance to drive. Opportunity for you to experience the Golf R32 or GTI performances at top speed!

Alpine Circuit: Handling and dynamics exercise, demonstration by professionals after which you will be able to drive. A test of skill not speed on this demanding, picturesque circuit full of twists turns and cambers.

Mile Apron Circuit: Hazard avoidance exercise, demonstration by professionals after which you will be able to drive. Obstacles will be set up in this area and the ground doused with water to test the ESP and ABS systems on the vehicles.

Steering Pad: You will be passenger of Russell Swift’s car when he will execute various stunt activities.

I have attached you confirmation and directions to the event.

Please ensure you and Mr Sultan (thats me!) remember to take (both parts) of your driving license!

Have a great day!

Any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Sam Ward

Volkswagen Events

Also for those who dont know... Russell is the chap who does the nutty stunt shows with the mini's... B)

I've seen Russ Swift a few times - I'd LOVE to be a passenger for one of his shows !

Have a great time ( you lucky thing ! )

[/jealous]

I intend to bud... am deffo looking forward to thrashing a new R32... :D

Your telling me Les! :lol: And this one is FREEEE... hehe...

Im sure it will be a lot better than the rally day. Russ is the man! :D

And have you actually seen the milbrook proving ground!!! :o

Millbrook.jpg

Millbrook is a terrific place for a great day out!

I drove a Yaris there for the first time many years ago, and the last time I was there I had an opportunity to put a Prius through its paces :thumbsup: (Economy went out of the window :D ). The high speed bowl is awesome........I think that they do not let you go in the fastest (outside) lane and you may be restricted to 100MPH as a visiting driver but the professional test drivers are allowed in the outside lane and reach very high speeds.

The Alpine circuit is deceptively rather thrilling with corners that tighten up on you and some demanding inclines and adverse cambers.............enjoy the day, I know I did...and came away with a huge grin on my face.

Thats the type of thing i like to hear man.. :D

This is all about the different Golfs so should be a good laugh on the Aline handling section which is the one im most looking forward to. :)

Just got an email to state that no cameras are allowed though! thats tight as you like... not happy man.. :(

Just got back from the VW stunt driving experience day and man… Russ can sure damn well drive. (He is the one who did all the car stunts in Hot Fuzz and all the Top gear **** like teaching grannies to do donuts)

The day started off with some breakfast and then onto the fist part of the even.. the road test!

There were a selection of 2006 model R32's and GTi Golf’s lined up and sadly i ended up with the GTi but alas.. it wasn’t as bad as i had anticipated!

We were at the famous Millbrook Proving grounds and sadly no camera's were allowed in the place as they were VERY strict on this. As it turns out, LOADS of manufacturers test their cars here extensively, there were quite a few camo'd cars doing the round on numerous parts of the compound with tape over the badges etc.

Saw what looked like a Nissan SUV but it seemed smaller than a BMW X3.. weird and some new drop top.. who knows what else...

The Alpine circuit is where they used to test rally cars to destruction literally!... and after one sighting lap with the instructor i got a shot at it and man was it fun! The bends.. camber...off camber.. blind crests with a turn.. etc etc.. was awesome! :yahoo:

Then some boring hazard tests where i mashed up a couple of cones.. (ooopppss) and then onto the high speed ring which was most boring as we weren’t allowed over 100mph!! FFS :rolleyes:

Back for a drink etc and then to meet the man himself.. Russ Swift who is one of the best stunt drivers in the world! :yes: B)

He took us out as a passenger and performed numerous tricks including J-Turns between 2 cars... hand brake parking between 2 cars and best of all in my book was when i was a passenger as he went off a ramp onto 2 wheels and slalomed round 2 other cars and turned it round to come back to the start before dropping it on all fours! :huh::eek::yahoo:

As i said.. Excellent day out and best of all it was all FREEEEE!

We were allowed a couple of pics at the end as we were miles from the other testing areas...

DSC00256.jpg

rest of the pics can be found here...

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/fi...%20Stunt%20Day/

Glad you enjoyed your day out :thumbsup:

Millbrook is a terrific place for a great day out!

I drove a Yaris there for the first time many years ago, and the last time I was there I had an opportunity to put a Prius through its paces :thumbsup: (Economy went out of the window :D ). The high speed bowl is awesome........I think that they do not let you go in the fastest (outside) lane and you may be restricted to 100MPH as a visiting driver but the professional test drivers are allowed in the outside lane and reach very high speeds.

The Alpine circuit is deceptively rather thrilling with corners that tighten up on you and some demanding inclines and adverse cambers.............enjoy the day, I know I did...and came away with a huge grin on my face.

High speed ring was boring as you were correct in saying that you aint allowed above 100mph! :rolleyes: boo..

The Alpine section was awesome for sure and it reminded me in many ways of the nurburgring (in terms of the difficulties of the corners with blind crests etc... Having to follow the barrier was the only way round on of them as it drops from view!

Shame as said that camera's werent allowed but i shall deffo never forget it. Our instructor was an ex rally driver who picked up quickly that me and my mate from work could handle the car and let us push harder than he would normally let newbies. :yes: There is a very strict 55mph limit round it but we were braking that for the most part although we only got out of 3rd gear a couple of times round it.

Excellent event and i would love to go back there! Since you have been a couple of times im sure you will have a better idea that i about whats going on there and when so you better keep me informed! :P

Bora - Indeed i am a swine and yes he is very very good. Will get a couple of crappy little vids uploaded from the display he did with us in the car. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links