Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Bulbs

kwi2drive

Hello, I am new to this forum so this is my first posting.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the front indicator bulb on my Avensis. It's a 2001 Y reg and the bulb is working intermittantly, so I believe it may just be loose.

Anyway, having checked the owners handbook, only to find nothing but pictures, I think I've followed them ok but when I loosen the screw (which actually needs an alum key and not a flat head screwdriver as shown) nothing happens.

Please can someone advise?

Thanks, Nick

The indicator unit is a "snap on" model.

Between the headlight and the indicator, under the bonnet,

there is a small gap.

Beneath that gap there is a retaining catch.

Use a screwdriver to depress that catch, and the indicator

unit should pop right out.

it would be worth changing both sides anyway. Mine is a '98 plate and had a comment by the MOT man that the front bulbs were nearly clear. He changed both for the princely sum of £2.52 total and I can see what he means. It was cheaper than buying a single bulb from Halfwits Halfords.

Put your car in a darkened garage and turn the hazards on. stand by the front 3/4 and compare the indicator with the side repeater.

It shocked me when I saw the difference and I'm normally the first to shout about dodgy light quality (blacked out light covers... :ffs: )

Hello again,

Thanks for the replies. We have just successfuly changed the bulb and, fingers crossed, it seems to be working ok. The bulbs were recently checked during the MOT, one was changed, all seems fine in that respect.

At least we know how to change the bulb now - Toyota instructions were unhelpful to say the least!

Thanks again, :D

Nick

the bulb is working intermittantly

LOL, it's an indicator... it works, it doesn't, it works, it doesn't, it works, it doesn't!

:D

• 11 months later...

Hi Guys

Please can somebody elaborate on the procedure for changing the bulb ? My driver's side indicator is intermittent at the moment (probably a loose connection)

Gooli

The "gap"..is it on the top (i.e. in front of the slam panel) or behind the light units ? If I look behind the headlight unit all I can see are rubber covers and wiring.

Thanks for your help

It's on top. Under the bonnet, right behind where the headlight and the indicator meet.

Maybe looks more like a hole than a gap.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links