Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supagard

SteveR.

My dealer has mentioned an optional "Supagard" treatment. Is it worth taking up or is it just a fancy, unnecessary (and expensive) treatment that just helps Toyota avoid claims on its paint warranty?

Overpriced add on in my opinion which does little more than bump up the salesmans commission.

There are people on here who think it's great, I'm sure it helps a little but don't expect the 'never have to wash the car again' result !

Pays your money takes your choice I guess.

I had it on mine and it was good for about 3 months then it seemed to go.

The stuff they put on the glass is a pain in the backside. Just smeers on the glass and it's like looking through a radar trace.

I don't think I'd bother again quite honestly.

Regards

Thanks both, kind of backs up my gut feeling.

Thanks both, kind of backs up my gut feeling.

SteveR, not worth the xtra cash. Put your money into Zaino car range of polishes ( I used to get it at Halfords) it really is the best there is

Clare :thumbsup:

When I bought mine, I was offered Diamondbrite (I'm guessing it's not too dissimilar to Supagard), which I was able to haggle down in price.

In my view, it's been a bonus, if only for the two times, when driving down the narrow country lanes where I live , I've had to take avoiding action from having a head on with some tw*t coming the opposite way at breakneck speed (both times in a white van), and have ended up with tree branches/hedgerow marking the side of the car's bodywork.

The Diamondbrite has done its job protecting the paint and trim, the mark's have polished out quickly and easily with with no trace.

I also got two packs of the aftercare kit included in the deal(shampoo and consealer) which I use fairly regularly when washing the car, which also keep the shine and protection up.

Thanks all, I think I'll save my money. I'm not sure there's enough time to have it "professionally applied" now anyway - I'm collecting the car on Wednesday :D

The Diamondbrite has done its job protecting the paint and trim, the mark's have polished out quickly and easily with with no trace.

Good to hear, although to be honest I've seen some very nasty looking scratches (from negotiating overgrown green lanes in a brand new Defender) completely disappear with a bit of polishing. That was without any special coating.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links