Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

X Reg Avensis Servic

campioni06

Hello all, recently had my X reg Avensis serviced and on the report form they've listed -

- V belt noisey on start-up (there actually is a rattley noise for the first 10-15 minutes of any journey)

- Timing chain tensioner leaking

Mr T's estimate for the work is £300ish, presumably I can get it done cheaper at an independent but can anyone tell me how urgent these jobs would be, are they like to be catastrophic if left for a few months and/or cause any other damage?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

Anyone withany ideas on this? I called Toyota and they just said bring the car in which is exactly what I dont want to do. Cheers

had timing chain cover leak repaired on wife's 1.6vvti 'rolla at last service. £95 from MrT.

They always quote a fixed price so I'm surprised they said "about £xxx".

regarding the 10-15minute rattling after startup sounds fairly ominous. mine rattles for about 10 secs until the oil is fully up to the valve gear and even then it only does it if I haven't used the car for a few days.

I did once have a noisy alternator, which was particularly loud when the engine was on higher tickover for cold running but you couldn't hear it a low revs or when accelerating away. MrT wanted £220 for new one but I got a recon Bosch unit from local motor factor for £120.

15 minutes to fit....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links