Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

93 4afe Problems

rizy102

hi,

have a 93 corolla 4afe engine 1.6i executive. the car is also on lpg.

well my car used to run perfect until all of a sudden it is running very bad and feels like the engine is missing somehow. also it dies out if left on idle and gives out black smoke sometimes when it is started. when you put your foot down it does not have the same power it used to.

on lpg it backfires all the time but does run ok. the lpg system is the type that runs through the air intake.

i have changed all the leads, spark plugs, oil/filter, air filter, and distibutor cap. i have taken it to numerous mechanics but no one has a clue to what is wrong. also, no faults when taken for diagnostic check.

please can some1 help me out. its been three weeks now and no one knows whats wrong.

thanks

Have you tried checking your temp. gauge? Maybe you are over heating thats why your hearing weird noise under the bonnet. Then your idle is dying plus loss of power. Those are signs of poor cooling system, try to check if your fan placed in the toyota fan shroud is working, If not then you need it to be checked by your electrician.

Have you tried checking your temp. gauge? Maybe you are over heating thats why your hearing weird noise under the bonnet. Then your idle is dying plus loss of power. Those are signs of poor cooling system, try to check if your fan placed in the toyota fan shroud is working, If not then you need it to be checked by your electrician.

do you work for autotoyparts.com? you seem to post them in every post!

hi, thanks for the advice, but the car is doing this as soon as it starts, so surely it cant have anything to do with thwe cooling syytem????? or am i wrong????

also the temp. gauge is fine.

rite got a feeling its the o2 sensor. ne1 know the location of the o2 sensor on this car??

thanks

• 1 year later...
rite got a feeling its the o2 sensor. ne1 know the location of the o2 sensor on this car??

thanks

Hi,

I am new here.

I have Toyota Corolla 1993 1.6 GLi Auto. Having problem with the petrol consumption . It gives me very low mileage (mix city and motorway). I normally buy £35 petrol 32.83 Litre..it gives me about 170 mile Max. Last time on £10 petrol 9.02 litre it gaves me 45 mile. So bad. I am learning and I have done diagonestic and there is no error code. Recently serviced and also changed the Lambda sensor...but no change. I have cheched coolant sensor by multimeter ..it works fine (learnt from you tube). Please hELP!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links