Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Flywheel

lewis201170

Reading in the forums and on other web sites I have come across a number of ppl that have had problems with the dual mass fly wheel on the Avensis and the Rav4. Most ppl have had to pay approx £1800 to have a replacement because Toyota won't acknowledge that its a design fault..... My circumstance I feel is slightly different, I recently had a new clutch fitted by toyota, and now my Flywheel has also gone some 3 months later. I am not mechanically minded but surely this can't happen. Can anyone tell me if I am right in thinking that if the clutch is replaced at the same time they should of noticed the flywheel was on it's way out.

Please help... I can't afford £1800 I am being made redundant on Monday.

Reading in the forums and on other web sites I have come across a number of ppl that have had problems with the dual mass fly wheel on the Avensis and the Rav4. Most ppl have had to pay approx £1800 to have a replacement because Toyota won't acknowledge that its a design fault..... My circumstance I feel is slightly different, I recently had a new clutch fitted by toyota, and now my Flywheel has also gone some 3 months later. I am not mechanically minded but surely this can't happen. Can anyone tell me if I am right in thinking that if the clutch is replaced at the same time they should of noticed the flywheel was on it's way out.

Please help... I can't afford £1800 I am being made redundant on Monday.

a dual mass flywheel should have been tested , if it has gone theres a bout 5 6 mm off play side to side in them!!! once its gone ittll snap the clutch straight away in work we sell luk clutches and dual mass flywheels and they cost about 700 pound but ud have to find somewhere to fit it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links