Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Power From My Hilux

timmyboy

Hello!

I'm a recent new member to the club.

I've owned my 94 Hilux 2.4D for about a year now and use ot for commuting to and from work and for general fetching and carrying.

All my mates are getting new L200's and navaro's :(

I want to keep my truck but get a bit more power!

I'm looking at 3.0TD's from other toyota etc.

Has anybody got any experience in upgrading and how difficult the swap is?

I'm open to any suggestions, so long as insurers agree!

Thanks

Hi Timmyboy.

Having seen under the bonnet of many 2.4's and currently owning 3 Surfs all being 3.0TD's i would be inclined to sell yours and buy a 3.0ltr. I personally think that the change over would involve so many alterations,not just in the engine bay but brakes,gearbox,props and maybe much more.

Ultimately the choice is yours and as it's your daily drive then i would think you'll be blagging lifts for quite a while

Sorry to be negative about it but i went down this road about 4 years ago and ended up scrapping a perfectly good 2.4 and a donor 3.0 because they were both stripped down ready and then time and money ran out.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Timmyboy.

Having seen under the bonnet of many 2.4's and currently owning 3 Surfs all being 3.0TD's i would be inclined to sell yours and buy a 3.0ltr. I personally think that the change over would involve so many alterations,not just in the engine bay but brakes,gearbox,props and maybe much more.

Ultimately the choice is yours and as it's your daily drive then i would think you'll be blagging lifts for quite a while

Sorry to be negative about it but i went down this road about 4 years ago and ended up scrapping a perfectly good 2.4 and a donor 3.0 because they were both stripped down ready and then time and money ran out.

Cheers

Paul

Paul,

I appreciate your honesty, thats why I asked!

My vision of a lift out, lift in job may have been a little optimistic!

Still fancy the idea of a retro hilux with a bit more grunt though!

Back to the drawing board!

Cheers Tim.

Hi Tim.

Thinking about it, apart from some of the interior being different you could always buy a 3.0 and put the 2.4 badges and decals on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you do go down the "buy" route,, give me a call as i have 1 for sale and it's about to get a full MOT

Cheers

Paul

(07930379698)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links