Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Don't Shout At Me, I Know Its A Vauxhall...

JappyBeast

just think, wont be long till one of these is striped out with the boost running at 20+ psi eating your toyotas off the lights ;)

toyota just dont make anything like this now days :(

just think, wont be long till one of these is striped out with the boost running at 20+ psi eating your toyotas off the lights ;)

toyota just dont make anything like this now days :(

It is true :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hopefully this will start a new trend and car companies might start making cars that are a bit more exciting.

Its the 192bhp that turns me on the most.

192 is that it??! Personally I say you cant polish a !Removed!!! ;)

Hopefully this will start a new trend and car companies might start making cars that are a bit more exciting.

You're joking right?

All the car companies are too worried about the environment and all that these days to even think about building a powerful car that might cause some sort of harm to the environment!

You're joking right?

All the car companies are too worried about the environment and all that these days to even think about building a powerful car that might cause some sort of harm to the environment!

If a company like Vauxhall can make a 190bhp corsa, why can't Toyota do that with the Yaris?

If toyota had any sense, theyd make a new car to compete with the mitsy evo, subaru tried but theyve just given up, i think toyota needs to jump in show mitsubishi who used to be boss in the jap performance world. claim back its crown :thumbsup:

but no, emmisions and enviroment and all that malarky, really gets on my !Removed!.

Personally I'd rather one of these :drool:

vauxhall-vx220.jpg

2 litre turbo - 216 BHP - 0-60: 4.2 secs... oh yeah!!!

Personally I'd rather one of these :drool:

vauxhall-vx220.jpg

2 litre turbo - 216 BHP - 0-60: 4.2 secs... oh yeah!!!

The 192bhp corsa is just a 1.6!

Don't get me wrong, I love hot-hatch cars. I owned a mk2 XR2 when I first passed my test and that was BRILLIANT fun.

But they don't handle the road well enough (standard) for me to feel safe in a 192bhp 1.6 Corsa compared to something like the VX220 which is built for handling and not maxed out on a normal Corsa chassis with a bit of tweaking.

Don't get me wrong, I love hot-hatch cars. I owned a mk2 XR2 when I first passed my test and that was BRILLIANT fun.

But they don't handle the road well enough (standard) for me to feel safe in a 192bhp 1.6 Corsa compared to something like the VX220 which is built for handling and not maxed out on a normal Corsa chassis with a bit of tweaking.

Have to say I kind of agree....

Hot hatches are usually epic fun, but you look at hot hatches of old, and they were far lighter than today's examples.

Suspension is better, so are tyres, bigger wheels, etc.

However, it'll never handle like a VX220, as you say.

Still, think i might arrange a test drive soon... :yahoo:

I would rather drive my own cars than have either Vauxhall, plus a 4 sec sixty sprint does not sound good unless its a V12!!

I would rather drive my own cars than have either Vauxhall, plus a 4 sec sixty sprint does not sound good unless its a V12!!

Thats great but who wants the running costs of a V12?! :o

LOLOSAURS!!!

Even better - I'll make a poll, and see which car wins!!!

HA HA HA HA!!!!

Thats great but who wants the running costs of a V12?! :o

If you drove my car like the stig and the 220 in the same way I bet the Vauxhall would die first!!! ;) :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

Looked around one of these today, and it does look really nice when it's in the flesh, surpisingly decent interior too. Couldn't get a test drive at the moment though, may get one in the summer. Pity I can't afford one really, maybe in a couple of years after uni.

I drove one a while back and all I can say is that it is dangerous! The torque steer from the turbo makes it unpredictable and twitchy when trying to overtake or give it the beans! found the same problem with the Astra VXR but not as much. I am undecided about the looks, its just those fins on the back look a bit wrong!

There's a Corsa VXR 888 available now... 225bhp! Niiice. Until you encounter any element resembling a corner.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links