Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Light Fiasco.

Pyewacket

Hi,

For some reason both my brake lights decided to go at the same time?!

So I changed the drivers side no prob at all. When I got to the other side I cannot loosen the nuts to realease the light cluster. the whole threaded pin just turns and turns, on both pins.

I have tried pliers, bigger pliers, huge mole grips etc etc and the pins are pretty mangled now. but they still turn and the nuts stay put.

I went to local garage, they tried and then told me. No joy. The only way was to smash off the old cluster and refit a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Someone, help me.

hmmm - i've got the same problem on the other side.

Drivers side on mine has gone - think someone over tightened it at some point & snapped the mount.

J

Hi,

How on earth do you change the bulb then?

This was the first time they have ever been of by the look. the nuts where unmarked and the bulbs japanese writing toyota ones. Look original.

I wondered about cutting through the nut with a dremel and trying to get it off. But worried Might cut the pin.

Its a lot of faffing about for a 60p lightbulb

No idea mate

Mine had never been changed either - but luckily the passenger side was the one that needed changing.

somehow you'd have to stop the pin from spinning with the nut.

haven't figured that one out yet.

J

If you've got a dremil you could try cutting a slot in the top of the pin, then hold the pin with a flat blade screwdriver and turn the nut with a spanner. That's about the only way I could think will work !

Good luck

I wouldn't worry about cutting the pin. Once you have the light cluster off remove the old and knackered pins then just bond a bolt in it's place (a decent epoxy will do) or if there is no room for the bolt head, cut it off and just use the thread. :thumbsup:

Les

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links