Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Land Cruiser

XT2

Land Cruiser options  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I go for?

• Amazon
    • Colorado

I'm thinking of going for a Land Cruiser. The trouble is, which one?

Shall I go for the Amazon (and why), or the Colorado (and why)?

What's the 'real' difference between the two?

Thanks a lot in advance.

(Tell you what, let's have a poll)

Both are very good, but we need to know what you want it for, are you towing a very large caravan, going off road or on an expedition through the desert, and how many seats do you need.

You will notice the difference from a Rav4.

just for the fun of it... i'm into something bigger than the rav, so, thought i'd give the LR a try.

• 9 months later...

You should really have a 3 way poll.

Land cruiser Amazon (100 series)

Land Cruiser Prado (120 series)

Land Cruiser Colorado (90 series)

They are all so very different even from the LC stable.

Graham

p.s. How *bumpy* is the ride?

(I only noticed the Rav 4's bumpty bump after I'd bought it, but it has never bothered me)

• 1 month later...

Think the Landcruiser is a bit BIG for UK roads the Colorado is i would say just about right not too big to park and def not too small with 8 seater how many seats would one want :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

My prado was just right . 3.0 diesel .Big enough to tow , small enough to still be fun and easy to live with . Just sold it to my brother so i can get a rav .

My 120 model is just about right :P Not too big and not at all small.... very versatile indeed :D

• 3 weeks later...

I will vote for the LC Colorado anytime...... sadly my VX D4D is about to go.... I have been given a company car and can't warrant both :crybaby:

God i am going to have to live with a Mondeo!!! HELP me somebody PLEASE!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody mentioned the new V8 Landcruiser, once you have been in one of those there is no other, mind you, they are £56,000 squids :eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Nobody mentioned the new V8 Landcruiser, once you have been in one of those there is no other, mind you, they are £56,000 squids :eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I am sorry to say that I think they are somewhat overpriced :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

We had a Amazon Petrol V8 (2001) till some !Removed! nicked it couple yrs ago...replaced with 2005 LC5 3.0 D. Both have nice smooth ride, both have tons of space, petrol v8 very smooth and could fairly shift but drank far too much...big difference we noticed was how crap the brakes were on the Amazon, and how much more responsive the steering is in the LC5...would strongly recommend the LC5.

• 2 months later...

We have had several LC3s all from new if you have loads of money for its upkeep then get one we did not find any probs with our other than it was not proper leather on the seats, getting in and out of the drivers seat left scuff marks on the edge near the door side and the back boot area was the same after being loaded with shopping, which i found very annoying none of these 5 vehicles we own did we keep over 11 months just traded in for a new one of same model until i got fed up with the shabby seat wear, my point is check that the seat quality if leather IMO its cheap and the rear of all the seats s not leather on the model we had and i am sure that its standard to all models.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links