Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Instead Of Post Codes

DJB

I don't know if people are aware of this or not (apologies if you are). It annoyed the hell out of me when I got my new 06 plate Avensis T4 and found I couldn't imput post codes into the sat nav as it was taking ages to put in the full address. I found a site on the internet that converts post code to coordinates. Now whenever I want to go anywhere I just put in the coordinates. Never let me down yet. The site for post code converter is as follows:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G...p;type=Postcode

Just put the post code in and press enter and the coordinates appear. In the example I've given the coordinates are N52:17:22 and W1:32:06. you can even check the location by clicking on "Click here to see location". When you set the destination on the sat nav set it by Coordinates.

Cheers

Dave

Nice one :thumbsup:

Though can't use it on the move (no PC), but very useful for planned trips.

I tend to find building names (e.g. hotels) and retail / industrial parks hard to find as they have no number :blink:

• 2 months later...
I don't know if people are aware of this or not (apologies if you are). It annoyed the hell out of me when I got my new 06 plate Avensis T4 and found I couldn't imput post codes into the sat nav as it was taking ages to put in the full address. I found a site on the internet that converts post code to coordinates. Now whenever I want to go anywhere I just put in the coordinates. Never let me down yet. The site for post code converter is as follows:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G...p;type=Postcode

Just put the post code in and press enter and the coordinates appear. In the example I've given the coordinates are N52:17:22 and W1:32:06. you can even check the location by clicking on "Click here to see location". When you set the destination on the sat nav set it by Coordinates.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks. Found your article very usefull. I recently purchased the 2007 update. The disc arrived but no info on upgrades. I found a new programme under Route and Route options This was DYN ON/OFF. Have you any idea what this is and the purpose?. China.

That is good information China.

I have TNS 200 CD version I was not aware you could put on co-ordinates. I shall have a go when I am not so busy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links