Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Rav4 Bull Bar

Dorian Wiskow

That'll be the 'style pack' then, anchorman.

I was the same. Didn't like it at first, and has now grown on me.

That'll be the 'style pack' then, anchorman.

I was the same. Didn't like it at first, and has now grown on me.

That is like the one I have on my T180. The seller is Pentagon Toyota in Sheffield, and they are excellent.I have bought Side- bars and rear-bars off them as well. That front bar will only fit the 4.3 though, and it is a sod to fit. It requires the whole of the front bumper and grille to be removed for fitting. It is also as you say really for style only not protection. Must admit I do not like the one on the photo a few threads before this it just does nothing for the apperance of the 4.3 (OK it looks very robust)

Clare :thumbsup:

It'd be nice to see some photos of your RAV Clare. Post them in the photo thread, if you have any.

BTW, is the price on the auction a good saving over normal dealership prices?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm playing with fire here but I don't particularly like bull bars - they interfere too much with the look of the vehicle. When they are dressed up with driving lights they look worse still.

There is no doubt that they increase the risk of injury to a pedestrian. Any car made to NCAP standards will not feature anything like it and in fact it even explains the absence of the air scoop on a 4.3.

I know, I know - getting hit by any car is not going to be a pleasant experience but it is a fact that the chance of getting maimed or killed increases more and more with speed. I would rather bounce off a 4.3 bonnet than get tangled up with a bull bar at a lower speed.

The 4.3 bumper embelishment looks OK. I don't know about these endura ones though.

The Toyota genuine one is rather nice on the RAV, made of soft poly material with a nice chrome "RAV4" detail at the bottom of the bar, the one in the picture is a true off road looking thing, not for me I'm afraid, but great pics

Kingo :thumbsup:

I've still got the original Mr T wrap around bar on the front which takes in the front headlights too.

Holds the 6 Cibies as well but its days are coming to an end - the bar not the car!!

The Toyota genuine one is rather nice on the RAV, made of soft poly material with a nice chrome "RAV4" detail at the bottom of the bar, the one in the picture is a true off road looking thing, not for me I'm afraid, but great pics

Kingo

Yes thats the one;

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/aimupload...000%20531-3.pdf

Bothy

I might have known you'd have the loud one! Looks like a flippin Eddie Stobart Volvo coming towards you!!!

Those Endura guys have released a new version of thier front bar as an alternative to the one I bougt. I like it much better. Do you think they'll change it?

http://www.endura-fps.com/webstore/search....de=00&sort=

Sorry thommo, each to their own but they're not my cup of tea.

Sure they are great for off-roading but I couldn't look at them everyday.

Kingo

Yes thats the one;

Bothy

I might have known you'd have the loud one! Looks like a flippin Eddie Stobart Volvo coming towards you!!!

Only thing is that after 13+ years, its rusting from inside. Anyway, as i said before in another link, I got from glasgow to Kendal in a fast time (average 100mph?) as the 6 cibies were on for the journey through error! On minor roads up here in Scotland, they give an amazing light - I know you don't have minor roads in england - just wales and scotland....... :D Anyway, the RAV is silver/grey and not green/red. And its safer than the last and only Volvo I had which had differential brakes - sometimes the differentiated to work and sometimes not...... the sales manager who sold me it is dead now. say no more...probably driving a faulty Volvo?

Kingo

Yes thats the one;

Bothy

Only thing is that after 13+ years, its rusting from inside. Anyway, as i said before in another link, I got from glasgow to Kendal in a fast time (average 100mph?) as the 6 cibies were on for the journey through error! On minor roads up here in Scotland, they give an amazing light - I know you don't have minor roads in england - just wales and scotland....... :D Anyway, the RAV is silver/grey and not green/red. And its safer than the last and only Volvo I had which had differential brakes - sometimes the differentiated to work and sometimes not...... the sales manager who sold me it is dead now. say no more...probably driving a faulty Volvo?

We have roads so narrow that even the sheep fall of them.

Actually Anchorman, the Endura one is supposed to be safer for pedestrians than a car with nothing on it. According to the web site up to 50 times safer than the car with nothing on it. That's why I got one. I do get some funny looks and comments but freinds who have got used to it now say they quite like it too. It did take some time, they all said the same things about being unfreindly to pedestrians but it is made of polyurethane and is designed to absorb energy. Another freind of mine has a shogun with one of these on and when I got the Rav stuck going off road (actually was hanging on the tow bar) he pushed me out by putting the two bars together.

I wasn't convinced to be begin with but he got one for his Shogun first and I got used to it and kinda liked how it looked. Like I said you do get a lot of attention because of it.

I've had a look through the results and in tests involving vehicles made up to 1995 they do improve the risk of injury. These are Shoguns and the like with the chrome bumpers and grilles. My feeling is that they will become less and less effective as consideration towards pedestrian impact has been considered in car design.

They meet current directives for bull bar type attachments but I can't find any comparitive data for cars that have been designed for NCAP testing. I'm open minded but can't imagine they would improve such a vehicle or they would be anxious to show the results.

Just my opinion.

• 4 months later...

you might want to check out this web site before fitting any bull bars.

http://www.frontalprotectionsystems.eu/ ... gister.php

They have loads of information about if it is legal or not to have bull bars, the government are having a consultation at the momemnt on bull bar legislation and there is a down load for the presentation they gave at the stakeholders meeting which states that it is illegal to sell them, and that under the road traffic act, the driver may be committing an offence if the vehicle is fitted with a non approved frontal protection system.

The consultation will be on this web site when the DfT get around to psoting it.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/open/?w=dft

you might want to check out this web site before fitting any bull bars.

http://www.frontalprotectionsystems.eu/ ... gister.php

They have loads of information about if it is legal or not to have bull bars, the government are having a consultation at the momemnt on bull bar legislation and there is a down load for the presentation they gave at the stakeholders meeting which states that it is illegal to sell them, and that under the road traffic act, the driver may be committing an offence if the vehicle is fitted with a non approved frontal protection system.

The consultation will be on this web site when the DfT get around to psoting it.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/open/?w=dft

Government send soldiers abroad without protection which seems to bad for their health as well. Priorities??

• 1 year later...

Kingo

Yes thats the one;

Bothy

anyone know where i can get the bull bar?

thanks,

Kingo

Yes thats the one;

Bothy

anyone know where i can get the bull bar?

thanks,

I have a brand new boxed one currently for sale at half price on the 'For sale' forum:

LINK

Edit: Getting it to the US might e a bit costly though :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links