Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crash Test?!

mario2667

First thanks for all good people leaving nice topic helping us all understanding our car and saving us money. I got MR2 Roadster - great car! I have done extensive research on internet to find out how safe my car is - no crash test available at all... anyone knows any crash test for Toyota mr2 roadster 2000+???? Many thanks! Mario :yahoo:

Welcome to the club Mario! :thumbsup: Good choice in cars too. Not even looked into how safe the Roadster is, but I'm guessing like any Toyota it will be of the highest safety considering it's a convertible.

I'm sure there will be someone along who can offer a bit of advice...

Hello Mario.

It looks like you are correct regarding crsh test information on the Roadster, I have checked on this and the Spyder (American name for the Roadster) and none exists.

One example is HERE you will see that the boxes next to the Roadster information are all blank :yes:

Les

thanks for your answers. i have since then done exstensive search but come out with nothing - its kind off weard and odd that there in no crash test info anywhere for EU or US or any market.. i just wonder why?!?! If anyone have any info please share it with us. Thanks! :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...
thanks for your answers. i have since then done exstensive search but come out with nothing - its kind off weard and odd that there in no crash test info anywhere for EU or US or any market.. i just wonder why?!?! If anyone have any info please share it with us. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hi Mario

Hope sorry reply is late but just found your question whilst googling "mr2 crash" as have just destroyed my beloved MR2 roadster....road was wet, headed down a ravine,,,car rolled in mid air with roof down, hit by tree and rocks and my husband and I got out without a scratch! Now thats engineering! Can send pics of you like.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Can send pics of you like.

Posting them on here would be better, love to see those.

:rolleyes: There is always at least one "Ambulance Chaser" in every group.

Why am I not surprised that it was you Reece? ;) :lol:

Good to hear that you both survived the ordeal without a scratch Sarah :thumbsup:

Can send pics of you like.

Posting them on here would be better, love to see those.

Good to hear that you both survived the ordeal without a scratch Sarah :thumbsup:

To be honest Steve I would like to see them too because it would inspire confidence for those who often shy away from the Roadster because of their fears of such an accident, to have someone extolling the virtues of its safety and survivability after a crash like that then to walk away is inspiring to say the least ;)

So thank you for your post Sarah and I'm glad you are both ok :thumbsup:

Les

Hi Mario,

The good news is that ALL new manufacturers' cars sold in the EU have to pass certain basic crash tests.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/184147.stm

However, there's an association - called Euro NCap - that aims to improve car safety by encouraging manufacturers to exceed the basic crash tests. It uses a five-star system - which many manufacturers see as an excellent marketing tool IF their vehicles have achieved a high star rating after being put through NCap's tests.

Unfortunately, the Mr2 is not listed...so I'm sorry to say that it would be WRONG TO ASSUME THE MR2 MEETS THE HIGHEST SAFETY STANDARDS

http://www.euroncap.com/home.aspx

Dave

Quote “my husband and I got out without a scratch” hence my interest in seeing the car and not any blood or guts. I’m sure you have also looked at the photos.

I’m not going to retaliate to your post and cause a scene (although I really want to); I promised Sir Les I’d behave which can be difficult at times when you’re around :censor:

Good photos Sarah, glad you are OK :thumbsup:

Quote “my husband and I got out without a scratch” hence my interest in seeing the car and not any blood or guts. I’m sure you have also looked at the photos.

I’m not going to retaliate to your post and cause a scene (although I really want to); I promised Sir Les I’d behave which can be difficult at times when you’re around :censor:

Good photos Sarah, glad you are OK :thumbsup:

Sorry if I touched a raw nerve Reece.

My comment was made after you posted "Love to see those (photos)"............and it was also made with appropriate emoticons ;)

Maybe had you phrased your request for photos of the wrecked car a little differently, my comment would not have been made.

Please accept my apology if I offended you with my comment................ (Not sure what your :censor: is about though?..............maybe you need to become a little more "laid back" to life? :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links