Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Centre Diff Lock On Ssr-v?

zambezi

I am the proud owner of a '96 Hilux Surf 3.0lt KZN185 imported from Japan last year. My wife and I have taken it on some great trips into the Lake District, Switzerland and Spain. None of the driving has been too tricky and 4x4 H has been adequate in all cases so far.

A friend has invited me to join him on a desert excursion to Tunisia later this year and that got me wondering about diff lock. Does the SSR-V have centre diff lock as standard? Would members advocate additional front or rear [or both] diff lockers?

Cheers

Vince

http://www.notquite.free-online.co.uk/Big%...os/DSC01657.JPG

I am the proud owner of a '96 Hilux Surf 3.0lt KZN185 imported from Japan last year. My wife and I have taken it on some great trips into the Lake District, Switzerland and Spain. None of the driving has been too tricky and 4x4 H has been adequate in all cases so far.

A friend has invited me to join him on a desert excursion to Tunisia later this year and that got me wondering about diff lock. Does the SSR-V have centre diff lock as standard? Would members advocate additional front or rear [or both] diff lockers?

Cheers

Vince

If you have a 4wd selector the same as this, the L means it has centre diff lock, also check the vin plate for the transmission code, and if the code ends in a 5 this will mean that you have a LSD on the rear.

post-724-1181892733_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Vince

If you have a 4wd selector the same as this, the L means it has centre diff lock, also check the vin plate for the transmission code, and if the code ends in a 5 this will mean that you have a LSD on the rear.

Andy, thanks for the info. The 4wd selector has no "L" to it, just H4--N--L4. It would seem that the 4wd transfer case on my Surf is of an open diff type...Any idea how much work [£] would be involved in installing a centre diff lock transmission?

Vince

post-41251-1182083398_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links