Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Woops! I Became The Owner Of 3 Remote Fobs For My Carina-e 1.8 Cd

pureum

Hi,

After long stories, I could code new remote(2nd one from e-bay) fob to my carina-e 1.8 CD AUTO N-reg.

After scanned this forum, I tried all of ways, but failed. At that time, my key-word was 'remote', 'remote fob', 'resync', and so on. Recently, I changed the keyword to 'TVSS III', then could find valuable threads.

For your reference, Carina-e 1.8 or similar models are using TVSS IIIB system. In my case, TVSS IIIB system has been installed behind glove box between ecu and other unknown system board with sponge sealed. If you want, I could send you the some pictures when I fitted. Sorry for dizzy focusing. ^_^ Please let PM or reply this post. I hope someone post my file later on this threads. Frankly, I have no idea how to upload files that I have.

Out of them, I could find some mates mentioned about tech website of Toyota which contains a number of tech docs.

There were installation guide and setting guide of TVSS IIIB system in english. If you want, I could send you as well.

Basd on setting guide,

After you found TVSS IIIB system,

Up to 4 remote controls can be programmed:

1) Disarm the system

2) Remobe the protection bracket from the TVSS ECU

3) Turn the ignition key to the "ACC" position and keep until the step 5)

4) Press the "Program Switch(Green switch near by DIP switches)" of the TVSS ECU for more than 2 seconds. Then the status monitor LED will be turned on for 5 seconds

5) While the LED is on(within 5 seconds) press both the "Arming" and "Dsiarming" buttons of the remote control until the turn indicator lights flash once. Then, you might turn ignition key to OFF or pull out

6) To program another remote control ID code, repeat steps 3), 4) and 5)

NOTE: If the total of the programmed ID code number is more than 4, inly the last 4 ID codes can operate the system.

Unfortunately, some of our mates paid huge money for new system recently. Sorry mate for my late job. I just finished this long travel just minutes before.

During this travel, I bought two spare remote from e-bay, then synced these two spare remote. Because, I thought my first one was faulty. Now, I have three remote. If you want, you might find from e-bay with the keyword of ' remote fob carina'. If not, you might find within a month. The price will be less than 20 queens. My first one was 2 queens by e-bay bidding. hahaha...

I hope all of carina-e owners do not have worry about remote fob anymore.

Hope your good luck and let me know when you have problems.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links