Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Taken A Look..

TB1

Hi a newbie here from Dorset :)

I went up to the local Toyota dealership this morning and had a nosey at the Auris. It ticks all the boxes and a test drive in the Desiel and the 1.6 petrol ( manual) versions booked for the 8th July ( thats the earliest I can do)

I've been looking for a new car for months now and have trawled the dealerships trying to find the *Right* one. I have never owned a Toyota before and I hoping the test drives will lead to ownership.

It will be a 3 dr version of whatever engine I go for.

Are there any known issues with this new model that have cropped up yet does anyone know?

My local dealer says that they will be having special offers on at the end of next month :)

No real problems with mine yet - there is 2 things

1) Wing mirror whistle over 60mph : same as problem with yaris and easily fixed by installing foam behind wing mirror glass, doesnt effect everyones car infact mine is the only one! :rolleyes:

2) Slight knock or click everytime i start off, happens after about 10mph : this is normal and is the ABS pump kicking in

Other than that, 10x better than the previous corollas, such a smooth drive, no rattles or squeeks in sight, great car for me and the T180 engine i have is just brilliant in all respects.

Had my 3door TR 1.6M/M just one week now and am really pleased. Lovely Car to drive.

No great problems, don't think the i pod works as well as it should for the money.

I do have squeaking brakes think it is the front, mainly at low speeds, anyone else have this problem?. It's not a great issue will take it up with the dealer at a later date don't want to keep going in with every small problem.

I think the Auris is a Great Car enjoying my 3 door alot

Had my 3door TR 1.6M/M just one week now and am really pleased. Lovely Car to drive.

No great problems, don't think the i pod works as well as it should for the money.

I do have squeaking brakes think it is the front, mainly at low speeds, anyone else have this problem?. It's not a great issue will take it up with the dealer at a later date don't want to keep going in with every small problem.

I think the Auris is a Great Car enjoying my 3 door alot

I have that same problem on my brakes rear ones I think. I read here some Auris have that. Next time I take it to my dealer I will tell them to solve the problem.

Other then that only 2 problems:

1. Ratles on the dashboard specially on the right side (I'm in Portugal so steering is on the left) However this only happens in those old roads with stones not sure if you have them in England. In a normal road it's normal.

2. Light sensor doesn't work properly but that is not Auris problem its from the alarm my dealer installed (not a toyota alarm) still waiting for their call to leave the car there to fix the problem.

on my 2ltr diesel ive done just over 300 miles (200 on motorway) on just over half a tank so really good. not figured out how to reset the average mpg yet so cant give a really accurate figure yet.

how accurate is the range on the on board comp?? has anyone let it get really low??

Picking up my 1.6 T-Spirit at 4pm tomorrow!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'll post my average Mpg on here after ive had it a few days.

Picking up my 1.6 T-Spirit at 4pm tomorrow!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'll post my average Mpg on here after ive had it a few days.

Pics please! :)..have fun :yahoo:

Not sure how accurate the trip computer is really but i get about 480 miles to a tank if i milk it dry and about 40mpg on average because i like to plant my foot more often than not. If i dont, i get the manual average of 44/45mpg

Have seen 52mpg if i really baby the throttle but its soooooo boring!

Thats in the diesel T180 though - to reset the trip computer get to the average MPG display and hold in the button for a few seconds.

Not long now for my test drives!

Just a quick question though. Does the display show you how much MPG the car is doing or does it only show how many miles left in the tank in the other versions of the Auris or just in the T180 ?

Thank you :)

cheers oldskoo1 for letting me know how to reset it, from my last tank i got just over 45mpg but that was town driving for work. on a run its high 60's

My driverseat squeeks for the rest its a very fine Car on sunday where going for a FUN drive :yahoo:

there,s now 2000km on the clock

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links