Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Corolla Levin Project

Escy

I bought my Corolla Levin about last September (I think). This is how it looked, standard other than a set of Tom's Racing lightweight alloy wheels (15").

Image023.jpg

Image024.jpg

Photo-0012.jpg

After a few months of driving it, the exhaust was falling apart, it was rotten in a few places and some hangers were mashed. I decided to buy a 5Zigen Border Speed 304 exhaust from Japan, it was second hand but not fitted. It cost about £320 once i'd paid import tax on it. This system removes the cat and is manifold back. It's a pretty big bore for a N/A 1.6, it's 2.5". It's a huge weight saving from the standard twin back box system. When fitted, I lost quite alot of torque lower down the rev range but gained a fair bit topend and now the car pulls really hard all the way to the redline.

Photo-0042.jpg

A few of the cars drawbacks are that it dets/pinks at very high RPM, from about 7,800 upwards. I think this is due to the Japanese having better fuel and the car being tuned quite hard as standard. I've decided i'd go for a Megasquirt ECU. I bought it ages ago from a guy in Canada who built it and also built me a custom harness adapter. This should be here soon.

dscf0175an21.jpg

Here are my velocity stacks that i'm going to modify to fit my TB's. I'm probably going to run them open with no filters but unsure yet.

Photo-0015.jpg

I bought myself a bonnet that has a scoop from a supercharged Levin. It should be ideal for getting the air into the TB's. I travelled 3.5 hours there and back for it, but parts for a Levin is a rare thing so worth it. I polished the car today and took these pictures of it outside my house.

Photo-0047.jpg

Photo-0049.jpg

Photo-0058.jpg

Photo-0059.jpg

Yumme!

I'd love to drive one of those Levins around, and yes, ofcourse not the Supercharged version - Silvertop is the way to go ;)

Nice car - but hey, get a garage for it somewhere, the car will be totally wrecked when you park it so close to the water :(

Treat your Levin with love and respect ;)

It's not too bad where i live as it's actually fresh water, but the sea is just the other side of the barrage in the last picture. No rust on it at all (yet). I would like coilovers but they are hard to find for superstrut suspension and expensive. The car handles very well as it is, so will leave that side of things alone

Lovely looking car you have. And very rare too. You have got a nice view by your house. I have to drive miles to see the sea :crybaby:

jerry!!

Very nice Tom, bonnet looks great! I look forward to seeing the results with the Megasquirt and the stacks. Best of luck. :thumbsup:

Hey good to see its going well! im gunna have to get me 1 of those exhausts for me blacktop if it will fit

You will have to be careful with the scoop and open Itbs as i heard having a scoop disrupts the airflow and actually gives low presure, i was planing on doing this but i have been persuaded to swap to a backwards facing scoop. Looks the Sh*t tho, very nice.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links