Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hks Speed Limit Defencer Fitting To Ae111 (1998) Trueno

cynos_boy

Has anyone fitted a Speed Limit Defencer to a Trueno/Levin... or any other Toyota for that matter.

I have figured out the basics ( positive/negative supply, but have no idea what other connections need to be made.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

You should right a review/guide to teach other people that have problems, i would like to fit one at some stage!

• 2 weeks later...

ECU Pin Outs can be found here http://www.hkseurope.com/ under instructions / ECU Pin Out.

ECU Type is T15 from HKS installation manual.

ecuwiringan3.th.jpg

ecupinoutne7.th.jpg

Type 1 SLD- there are 5 wires only 4 are used.

Connections are: B 12v Ignition Supply Red (double bullet connector) cut wire from ECU one red connector connects to ECU other connects to wiring harness side

E Earth (Ground) Black (double bullet connector) cut wire from ECU one black connector connects to ECU other connects to wiring harness side

S Speed Sensor Cut this wire Yellow connector connects to ECU White connector connects to wiring harness side.

The dip switches SW1 and SW2 (1 2 3 4) are all in Position ST-1 all in the up position (off).

Remove the glove box completely- I found that you need to remove the plastic trim for the door kick plate on the passenger side as there is a couple of bolts holding the glovebox assembly on.

To get to the ECU (it's behind the centre console) you need to remove the Stereo surround fascia. All the stereo brackets (metal cage- screwed in). Remove the complete gear shroud assembly and armrest- 4 screws in all- removing gear knob to lift it away completely. The ECU is held in by 4 screws to a metal frame.

Move the ECU to a position that will allow access to the connectors at the rear and splice in the connecting wires as per Images above ( pinout/ECU diagrams).

sld003nw3.th.jpg

Use the sticky pad to attach SLD to the rear of the ECU when wiring completed-cover the dip switches with the supplied label and connect all 3 plugs back into ECU. If you are confident the wiring is correct then turn on ignition and let the car idle for a while to see that it is not going to cut out (or catch fire!!!). If satisfied then attach ECU to plastic frame then begin the re-assembly procedure making sure that all bullet connectors are secure (cable ties come in handy here) and tidy the cables from the ECU when assembling so that they don't snag.. replace the gear surround/arm rest, then the glove box assembly. Reinstall any stereo equipment and the fascia surround.

Take the car to a private test track and watch the needle advance past 180kph and listen....ahhh no speed limiter engaging... Jobs a good 'un.....

• 3 months later...

Dear all,

Speed Limit Control

I have a Trueno 1999, 6speed on 4A-GE (20V)

Whenever I'm Reaching a speed of between 190-200 Km/h, the car is stopping in a way like I ran out of fuel.

After the speed goes down, the car re-accelerate again normally.

It happened when i was on the fifth gear (rev.7800), as well as on the sixth gear (rev.5500).

I was on the high way coming back home with 120Km/h, when a BMW740 over took me on ???Km/h.

I was on 6th gear, I shifted down to the third gear, and accelerated.

The difference between the cars was around 12m, and I started getting closer while speeding, till I reached my speed limit,

and the difference was less than 1 meter.

Can the speed limit be disabled and then re-enabled? (because they check it in MOT test)

Or can I uninstall it temporarily, so to re-install it in time.

Just to Beat him (no offence to BMW owners)

Thank you,

Joe

How do they check it, are you sure? Over here if the car is under 10yrs old it has to be removed by law and the car put into mph

You could fit it then take it out for the mot for sure

• 3 months later...
How do they check it, are you sure? Over here if the car is under 10yrs old it has to be removed by law and the car put into mph

You could fit it then take it out for the mot for sure

Hi guys, new here, just had black top 4AGE fitted into my EP91 Starlet. I need to find the engine number so I can register it with DVLA. Anyone know where it is on the block please? Theres a few numbers dotted about, but I don't know which it is.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links