Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

B100 Bio Diesel In D4d Avensis

D4Ddriver

Hi All

first post.

Ive run a T4 Avensis 2.0 04plate for some months 10,400 miles on The now redily available B100 (100% Bio-Diesel) The quality varies a bit from site to site but its now definatly improving as the volumes go up, Some of the local Avensis taxi drivers were making their own and having no problems, So I thought it a worth while trial.

Taxes are paid by the producer and people who make their own can make upto 2500Litres before starting to pay road fuel duty which is 20p per litre less than derv.

I decided to buy it as I didnt like the idea of making my own.

The car is returning constant average of 47mpg on it too. Thats calculatig the fuel used and the mileage from the oddometer, the incar unit thinks its 56mpg.

Any others using or tried the fuel?

I also understand that tesco diesel is partly Bio but dont know at what %

Some other garages are selling B5 5%bio 95%diesel but its more expensive than the ULS diesel.

I'm not really up to speed on this issue but have read of late that since July 07 they have abolished duty on veggie oil, which can be had for around 50p a litre from the supermarket. But Diesel engine needs slight conversion.

How much is the biofuel from the pumps?

Ive seen various from 84p to 75p and 88p but if the person makes the fuel they seem to be keen to sell it in drums for less. 8X 25 litre drums easily fit in the boot. some suppliers charge £2 a drum deposit.

Pumping it into the car using a caravan submersible water pump 15L per minuite on a 12v cigar plug saves the back.

search the net for suppliers in your area.

Duty on veg oil used in your car is somthing I looked into, To pay the duty at the lower rate of 29p, you as the producer need to be able to prove that the oil meets the fiscal definition for bio-diesel. and 29p on 58p perlitre well Bio-diesel made more sense.

As the bio-diesel the producer is responcible for paying the duty and you pay 70p tax paid ace.

I have noticed several cars ive followed smell of pancakes. sort of your in a place with no other source for the smell other than bio-diesel in cars!!

Ive seen various from 84p to 75p and 88p but if the person makes the fuel they seem to be keen to sell it in drums for less. 8X 25 litre drums easily fit in the boot. some suppliers charge £2 a drum deposit.

Pumping it into the car using a caravan submersible water pump 15L per minuite on a 12v cigar plug saves the back.

search the net for suppliers in your area.

Duty on veg oil used in your car is somthing I looked into, To pay the duty at the lower rate of 29p, you as the producer need to be able to prove that the oil meets the fiscal definition for bio-diesel. and 29p on 58p perlitre well Bio-diesel made more sense.

As the bio-diesel the producer is responcible for paying the duty and you pay 70p tax paid ace.

I have noticed several cars ive followed smell of pancakes. sort of your in a place with no other source for the smell other than bio-diesel in cars!!

Interesting reading D4Ddriver....what alterations did you do to your Avensis....

been on the fence on this one... :unsure: :unsure:

would be interested what my RAV would be like on this. Not seen any for sale an my journey to work...

No Mods just used it. When I first tryed it I would fill 1/2 tank with diesel and put 20litres in of bio, but soon didnt bother.

If your car has used alot of diesel dirty fuel leaves particals on the tank and pipe innards. Bio Diesel cleans this off and can block the fuel filter this would be noticed as top end power dropping off strugling up hills changing down etc.

This would be likly to occur in the first 600 miles if at all.

But I had no problems at all others did on older vehicles change the screw on filter and fine, pre ulsdiesel perhaps.

The avensis common rail Im told has a fuel cooler on the fuel return to the tank as standard. This is the item VW fit to german cars sold in germany to be biodiesel compatable.

Do let me know if you try it. Its all over the country now. It was 75p in a 1000l IBC on its hard being green.

Rav is smart, I fancy a Surf at some point as a second car.

Bio Diesel is available near me too, several people I know are using it in their cars mostly land rovers but it does seem to give me better fuel ecconomy and is carbon neutral too.

In fact since Ive been looking ive found signs selling it all over, not in garages so much, but farms and industrial estates. I asked the person who makes it at one location and he was prepared to sell me white drums full of bio diesel for 75p per litre if I bought 8 drums at a time. he placed them in black bin liners too 10 fit in the boot of an avensis.

A freind buys from a local farmer who grows oil seed rape and makes his own to run his vehicles and farm equipment on so it must cost him the same or less than red diesel.

Steve

• 8 months later...
Bio Diesel is available near me too, several people I know are using it in their cars mostly land rovers but it does seem to give me better fuel ecconomy and is carbon neutral too.

In fact since Ive been looking ive found signs selling it all over, not in garages so much, but farms and industrial estates. I asked the person who makes it at one location and he was prepared to sell me white drums full of bio diesel for 75p per litre if I bought 8 drums at a time. he placed them in black bin liners too 10 fit in the boot of an Avensis.

A friend buys from a local farmer who grows oil seed rape and makes his own to run his vehicles and farm equipment on so it must cost him the same or less than red diesel.

Steve

How are your cars now? I bought a Service Plan from RRG for 3 servs, the 3rd one is due at 50k so prob another 6 months for me maybe less. My friend is a biodiesel dealer and thinks my car should run fine , On their website it says 'We provide pure B100 biodiesel, produced at the European standard EN 14214.' and he runs his car on 100% (A4 2000 Model). His suggestion to me was they start my car on a mix and build it up. My only concern is servicing, will RRG still service if i use biod? I'm no good with car maintenance so am reluctant to do myself....any thoughts? 1 other gripe I have heard about is a funny smell...is this just with certain standards?

After filling up at 115.9 the other day I need to start looking at cheaper and more greener options! £66 a week...ouch!

HI

Think you are ok as dont think that engine has a DPF fitted ...YET!(sure the T180 is the only unfortunate one) any % of BIO will wreck the engine if a DPF is present.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links