Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Firation

peterlomas

ive been looking on the web for some kind of coking oil fitration system , can only find industrial type ones , anyone out there set their own up ? , been told i need to filter to 1 micron , ? anyone help ?

Peter.

Are you talking WVO or SVO, if it's WVO some of the guys on the Surf forum only run it through a pillow case, all depends on what it's been used to cook.

Peter.

Are you talking WVO or SVO, if it's WVO some of the guys on the Surf forum only run it through a pillow case, all depends on what it's been used to cook.

i can get wvo from local chip shop for free , i did not imagine that using something as simple as a pillow case would work , got to try it , save a fortune , thanks

stick with wvo from chip fryers - into a pillow case is ok .

wvo used for fish,chicken and fatty foods contains fat globules which are not good for the surf and require various filters of 5 microns etc.

rig up a pump and use a big container have it pumping continuous to filter it overnight for you.

stick with wvo from chip fryers - into a pillow case is ok .

wvo used for fish,chicken and fatty foods contains fat globules which are not good for the surf and require various filters of 5 microns etc.

rig up a pump and use a big container have it pumping continuous to filter it overnight for you.

going try pillow case asap . done over 500 miles in my lux so far not missd a beat , well chuffed

great isnt it. :yahoo:

great isnt it. :yahoo:

yeh really enjoying the different driving experience , was surprised that i get better mpg around town than on motorway . only 23 to the gallon at steady 65mph , ah well cost of driving a big car i suppose. still chuffed !!!!!!!!!!

i managed 25 litres in a pillow case , now its just clogged up with fat.

so another 1 is needed.Its a messy carry on like !!!

crack i hear is, leave it in a 45 g drum for a week or so to settle and skim off the top what you need gently so you dont stir it up and its as clear as a bell.

i used 2 pair of old nylon tights today , pretty fine mesh , filtered quickly enough too. Only microscopic bits passed through.Left with a thin layer ontop like scum after a bath , caught that out with an old small fish net . i then bottled 30 litres off into old 3 ltr bottles to settle . gonna give it a week and start using it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i added 18 litres of the brown liquid added £25 of derv , and just done 385 km towing my caravan to scotland and a bit of sight seeing in between, without a bit of bother.Will be checking my fuel filter soon to see just how clogged it has become .

cheap as chips , didnt smell as bad as the makro cooking oil either.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links