Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Your Car Been Keyed Or Scratched?

Wi11

Cars being keyed  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Has your car been keyed or scratched?

• Yes I have been a victim of this.
    • No, it's not happened to me.

I wish car manufacturers could integrate camera security into body panels and/or driver / passenger headrests. They could be activated when nearby motion is detected and record images to a usb flash drive in the boot or somewhere.

It would only take a few convictions for these scum and word would get around. People do it because they know they can get away with it. The cameras would also help in real accidents like a black box flight recorder and in hit and runs where there are no witnesses. I think the hardware costs would pay for themselves in reduced insurance premiums. The costs of the cameras and flash drive would be minimal when bought in large quantities, maybe only £50-150 per car.

The only concern would be privacy issues I suppose.

Thats the most brilliant idea - only thing is there would need to be more than one camera surely? I wouldnt mind paying for that to be installed - and even if the tapes wouldnt stand up in the eyes of the law - youd still have a reg number to look for - then kindly repay the dents to that car! :yes: Genius

Instead of a camera install flames throwers, that would do the trick....

Well now you've got me started lol ...

My dads got an '05 Rav4 and someone went down the side of his car with a key, unfortunately outside their house which is next to a community centre where the local kids seem to gather on a night! He hasnt had that repaired and I think he is loathed to because he had something similar happen before to a different car and not long after the scratch was sorted out someone ran over the boot, roof and bonnet leaving dents all over!

We've got a couple of scratches on the Voyager ... one was done just before we bought it, although its not deeply scratched into the bonnet you can see an 'H' thats been engraved very nicely (N)... my other half seems to think that if there are a couple of scratches it doesnt look so bad if you get more! ... However with his Aygo, thats his little pride and joy and he goes over that with a fine toothed comb after I return from going out in it!!! ... he'd know about any little scratch that was added to that! ...

The other day as I parked at the local shopping centre ... I parked in a good position, which was way out of the way ... in the middle of three spaces, either side being empty, in a quiet place in the car park :) ... a woman drove up from behind as I was still sitting in the car with my car door open and parked immediately behind me to the right ... As soon as I thought she was getting out, because I had an idea of what she was going to do lol, I got out of the car and started to walk to the shops, she then drove her car forward and parked immediately next to mine (she was in no better situation, just more ready to drive out, probably because shes rubbish at reversing) ... grrrr, I walked back to the car (from about 100ft away) in a huff, she did see the slight anger on my face as I gave her a glare lol and I drove the car into a more suitable place 'cause I know how other people can be so disrespectful when it comes to other peoples property ... and unfortunately I hate to say this; its generally 'dithery' women that let their trollies go a wandering or let their kids just wack car doors open!

Nearly finished lol ... if I take the Voyager to the shops the car nearly takes up the whole of the space (between the two white lines), if I take the Aygo I have quite a bit more room, but 8 times outta 10 I seem to find when I come back to the car someones parked as close as they can ... and guaranteed if they started to do car parking spaces for small, medium and large cars at the local shopping centre you'd get the people with the small cars parking in the big car spaces!

**rant over now peeps lol, I am a quick typist so its easy for me to get kinda carried away haha :lol: **

Unfortunately it'll probably turn out that filming someone damaging your car is a breach of their human rights - it would be in this country anyway !!!! :angry:

I so agree! :angry:

Unfortunately it'll probably turn out that filming someone damaging your car is a breach of their human rights - it would be in this country anyway !!!! :angry:

Della, get your dad to join the craziest forum on TOC, the Rav forum. We will then send in our very own hit squad.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Della, get your dad to join the craziest forum on TOC, the Rav forum. We will then send in our very own hit squad.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Lol awww ... I would but my dad is a man of few words ... All the talking he dont do, I make up for it ... so does my mum of course :lol:

Havent had any yet but recently started uni so from living in a nice area and keeping it garaged to parking it in a car park with loads of students doesnt fill me with confidence!

• 4 months later...
Well now you've got me started lol ...

My dads got an '05 Rav4 and someone went down the side of his car with a key, unfortunately outside their house which is next to a community centre where the local kids seem to gather on a night! He hasnt had that repaired and I think he is loathed to because he had something similar happen before to a different car and not long after the scratch was sorted out someone ran over the boot, roof and bonnet leaving dents all over!

We've got a couple of scratches on the Voyager ... one was done just before we bought it, although its not deeply scratched into the bonnet you can see an 'H' thats been engraved very nicely (N)... my other half seems to think that if there are a couple of scratches it doesnt look so bad if you get more! ... However with his Aygo, thats his little pride and joy and he goes over that with a fine toothed comb after I return from going out in it!!! ... he'd know about any little scratch that was added to that! ...

The other day as I parked at the local shopping centre ... I parked in a good position, which was way out of the way ... in the middle of three spaces, either side being empty, in a quiet place in the car park :) ... a woman drove up from behind as I was still sitting in the car with my car door open and parked immediately behind me to the right ... As soon as I thought she was getting out, because I had an idea of what she was going to do lol, I got out of the car and started to walk to the shops, she then drove her car forward and parked immediately next to mine (she was in no better situation, just more ready to drive out, probably because shes rubbish at reversing) ... grrrr, I walked back to the car (from about 100ft away) in a huff, she did see the slight anger on my face as I gave her a glare lol and I drove the car into a more suitable place 'cause I know how other people can be so disrespectful when it comes to other peoples property ... and unfortunately I hate to say this; its generally 'dithery' women that let their trollies go a wandering or let their kids just wack car doors open!

Nearly finished lol ... if I take the Voyager to the shops the car nearly takes up the whole of the space (between the two white lines), if I take the Aygo I have quite a bit more room, but 8 times outta 10 I seem to find when I come back to the car someones parked as close as they can ... and guaranteed if they started to do car parking spaces for small, medium and large cars at the local shopping centre you'd get the people with the small cars parking in the big car spaces!

**rant over now peeps lol, I am a quick typist so its easy for me to get kinda carried away haha :lol: **

Those dithering women...are they the same ones you pull up behind at junctions and roundabouts where you think they are going to go because the road is clear, but they just sit there, then suddenly lurch forward when a big juggernaut appears followed by a heavy stream of heavy traffic. Sorry, I'm not intentionally being sexist I know mus men have our 'moments' too, its just that the other day while doing a bit of rat running to avoid a busy couple of roads I run into a prime example. After sitting behind a car at a busy junction for a few minutes(very patient for me indeed, not sure what come over me) it suddenly dawned on me the driver wasn't even in the car. She was off getting directions from another driver down another road! She calmly got back into her car and we had to sit there for a further 5 minutes while the next flow of traffic surged past. :ffs:

Oh yeah, with 2 break ins and vehicle theft and a hit n run in a car park being my main problems last year, I've got very complacent about scratches...

Has never happened to my 91 Corolla Exec GL. It stays in the garage & only comes out on dry Sundays (almost true, :rolleyes: ) & am very wary about car parks etc, so I have been lucky. No deliberate or accidental damage. Probably shouldn't have said that.

However, my work vehicle, a Renault Kangaroo :D Van, is a different story. Covered with dents, scrapes & various colours of paint, which never occurred while I was in it :ffs:

1stly, when i was at medowhall sheffield a few years back i parked my car to do a bit of xmas shopping, when i came out i noticed there was a massive dent on my bonnet of my corolla , like some fat b@stard sat on it! and you know how thin the bonnet are so it dented easily! my guess is some parent put their kid on my car whilest they opened thier car, which was a renault espace! oh yea, i still remember!! :angry: that was the 1st incident.

the second, a few months down the line, we had a 'team buildin' weekend for our uni course, a big ***** up really at castleton. basically the next day there was a light/scratch on my door to my rear panel, scraped down to the under coat! not happy. my mate had his magnetic cb arial dragged across his roof, ouch!!

3rd, parked my car at asda carpark Harrogate, came out and found a note on my windscreen saying somethign in the lines of - a woman has scratched your front bumper, she was driving a toyota avensis reg xxxxxx. i was FUMING as i had just put on my newly sprayed TTE front bumper and that !Removed! scuffed it and did a runner! hit n run i believe that is...

then lastly i got a big %$( off garden rock chucked at my car, think they were going for my windscreen but missed and bounced the rock of my roof! dented and scratched to the metal work! that attack was aimed at my neighbour n i was unlucky to have parked my car outside their house that nite!! i wish i cought the ball bag that done that, he would've felt the wrath of my torque wrench!! :bash:

I had one of my old Astra's keyed. It was parked up the top of my parents drive, down a quiet Close. It was keyed on the rear drivers wing, back door & drivers door. Not all the way along, but some on each. Luckily I found a really good body repair guy who did the work really cheap & did a perfect job.

I still think to this day, it was our next door neighbour!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links