Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bit Of Buying Advice Required

tinav6

Hello all, at the moment im considering buying a 02 plate d-4d gls, its a cracking little car but im a little concerned over something, its a diesel non turbo but somebody has mentioned it should have a turbo fitted, ive checked the details out and haven't found out whether this is correct or not, any help please? Must admit im used to big engined fords so its all a little new to me at the mo! :rolleyes: B)

as DA said all yaris diesels are turbo

Thanks for the replies people :thumbsup: Its looking like this car may be a little wafty then :eek: Someone must have removed the turbo in the past! Better look for another methinks!

Does the yaris DEFINATELY not have a turbo?

It is only a very small thing on the yaris D4-D so it could be there but covered.

Never seen a D4-D with the turbo removed :S

Mart

Hi Mart, the car went in for a mot as part of the pre sale deal, it was the mot tester that commented that the turbo had been removed, apparently it runs ok but it seems like a serious bodge to me, ive seen it done on older cheaper diesels but can't understand why it would be done on a newish motor. To really confuse matters, been in touch with a toyota dealer, given them the reg no: and they said that model doesn't have a turbo :wacko: Thats why i thought id ask direct to the enthusiasts themselves, not sure id trust main dealer advice these days, lol. :lol:

Does seem a little suspicious.... I dont understand why its a non-turbo as standard... they always have been turbos...

Unless the dealer's a bit confused and thinks because the turbo isnt there it wasnt there as standard?

Either way, if I were you I'd probably choose something else, it all seems a bit too weird for my liking! :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links