Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Petrol Ravs Only......

Nightstalker

Crikey...this has moved on nicely.... :D

The question always has been wether to go for a rav 4 2 xt5 diesel or the newer xt4 petrol rav...

If the newer one would have been a 2.2 d4d then it would have been a no brainer.....

Only problem with the rav 4 2 is that there is no way I could fit in 3 child seats the wife and myself in it as the rear seats are kinda shaped to be 2 seperate seats, whereas on the rav 4 3 the rear seat is kinda nice and flat so I could put one in the middle of the seat and is should sit flat...So that is what is selling me the rav 4 3 sofar....I might see if I can stretch the budget to a d4d...

For sure you are more likely to get the room with a 4.3 over a 4.2.

I had a 4.2 and needed more space and nearly bought a Land Cruiser, until I had a look at a 4.3..........

If you haven't driven one, I really suggest you try a 2.2 D4D.

I know you've tried the T180, but in reality your dilemma is between the VVTi and the D4D and regardless of what anyone else says, £16k is still a lot of money to spend on a car that you may not be 100% sure about!!! :wacko:

My view, for what it's worth, is that you will find the D4D is the better car in many ways, not just economy, but in the way the diesel engine pulls and at the end of the day, in it's residual value - I know it costs more to begin with but it will be worth more than just the original price difference over three or more years.

If after you've taken the time to try the D4D, you still want the VVTi, I'm sure it will still be there on the dealers forecourt!!

Not that I need to mention it, but the poll on here pretty much confirms the fact that the diesel engine is the more popular choice across the Rav range. :thumbsup:

Happy choosing!!!

Cheers.

Paul.

For sure you are more likely to get the room with a 4.3 over a 4.2.

I had a 4.2 and needed more space and nearly bought a Land Cruiser, until I had a look at a 4.3..........

If you haven't driven one, I really suggest you try a 2.2 D4D.

I know you've tried the T180, but in reality your dilemma is between the VVTi and the D4D and regardless of what anyone else says, £16k is still a lot of money to spend on a car that you may not be 100% sure about!!! :wacko:

My view, for what it's worth, is that you will find the D4D is the better car in many ways, not just economy, but in the way the diesel engine pulls and at the end of the day, in it's residual value - I know it costs more to begin with but it will be worth more than just the original price difference over three or more years.

If after you've taken the time to try the D4D, you still want the VVTi, I'm sure it will still be there on the dealers forecourt!!

Not that I need to mention it, but the poll on here pretty much confirms the fact that the diesel engine is the more popular choice across the Rav range. :thumbsup:

Happy choosing!!!

Cheers.

Paul.

Here, here! :thumbsup: Couldn't have put it better myself. Agree with everything Paul has to say :toast:

I hear what you all say about the D4D v Petrol, but a fact of life is that Diesel is just not for everybody. My advice would be to go and test drive both vehicles along side each other and make your own choice. My other half had a diesel once, and I say once, she hated every minute of driving it! You can guess who's fault it was for letting her buy it :mellow: Kingo still gets an ear bashing if diesel is ever mentioned in our house. :crutchy:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi Anchorman

Thanks for the information, and you are correct.The problem I find is that when you are accelerating hard say to join a motorway when towing you need to keep momentum and if you try to change quickly it will rev widely, it's such a shame as the vehicle is faultless otherwise. From our experiences with the two diesel rav 4's, and we have taken them all over Europe I would spend the extra and buy the diesel. We had to have the petrol model this year as the diesel option was very expensive tax wise, I know that next year if we are not able to have the diesel option we will look at another manufacture rather than have another petrol model.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links