Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Auris

j0t

Hi! First of all I have to tell you I'm italian, so I apologize in advance for my bad english...

Last week I got delivered my brand new 2.0 D-4D Sol Auris, and I'd like to share my experience with you.

First of all I have to say blue 8T8 is WONDERFUL... The shades it has when hit by sunlight are beautiful. Given the small choice of colors for Aurises I think it's the best I could pick. The interior feels a bit plasticky imo, however the overall quality of the interiors is quite good.

The front is the part I like the most: it's kinda aggressive... The back resembles way too much the Peugeot 207.

Now let's talk about the defects:

- the rear brakes made a whining noise each time I began moving from a standstill and when I braked. I took it to my dealership and they fixed it by polishing the brake pads. They said that as they were new, they were touching the discs and making that noise.

- the engine is quite noisy: I've heard MUCH better common rail diesels (i.e. the Nissan YD22), and I think that even the pump nozzle engine of my brother's audi is more silent... The noise it makes when I accelerate is like the one of a sewing machine. The dealership said that's the ordinary noise of that engine.

- there is an irritating noise that comes from the radio area when I decelerate and the engine is revving at about 1500-2500 rpm. I'll take the car to the dealership next monday to get it fixed.

- the acceleration is sometimes jerky at about 1600-1800 rpm.

- the radio sometimes has split second stops, just like the ones discussed in this topic

- the ipod integration kit sucks a lot because of the poor integration with the sat nav radio

Could some other auris owner please tell me if he or she has experienced similar problems?

Hi! First of all I have to tell you I'm italian, so I apologize in advance for my bad english...

Last week I got delivered my brand new 2.0 D-4D Sol Auris, and I'd like to share my experience with you.

First of all I have to say blue 8T8 is WONDERFUL... The shades it has when hit by sunlight are beautiful. Given the small choice of colors for Aurises I think it's the best I could pick. The interior feels a bit plasticky imo, however the overall quality of the interiors is quite good.

The front is the part I like the most: it's kinda aggressive... The back resembles way too much the Peugeot 207.

Now let's talk about the defects:

- the rear brakes made a whining noise each time I began moving from a standstill and when I braked. I took it to my dealership and they fixed it by polishing the brake pads. They said that as they were new, they were touching the discs and making that noise.

- the engine is quite noisy: I've heard MUCH better common rail diesels (i.e. the Nissan YD22), and I think that even the pump nozzle engine of my brother's audi is more silent... The noise it makes when I accelerate is like the one of a sewing machine. The dealership said that's the ordinary noise of that engine.

- there is an irritating noise that comes from the radio area when I decelerate and the engine is revving at about 1500-2500 rpm. I'll take the car to the dealership next monday to get it fixed.

- the acceleration is sometimes jerky at about 1600-1800 rpm.

- the radio sometimes has split second stops, just like the ones discussed in this topic

- the ipod integration kit sucks a lot because of the poor integration with the sat nav radio

Could some other auris owner please tell me if he or she has experienced similar problems?

Hi there congrats on your new car. I'm a Portuguese Auris owner since May.

I also have/had some of your problems however I have a 1.4 D4D.

I had the brakes problem but they are disapeering with the use altought I know it has a solution as your dealer told u and solved it. But as I said in my car its almost gone if eventually keeps coming I will solve in the first maintenance visit.

The dashboard noises is something that many Auris have and for me the worse defect. Mine has a cricking in the right side just over the AC exits. I visited the service yesterday because of an Alarm/Auto mode on headlights problem. The "great" electrician of the dealer from where I bought the car didn't assembled the alarm correctly and was never capable of solving it. Here in Lisbon they solved it. As so I asked them to solve also the cricking problem it is sort of ok for now but I'm sure that he will return. This is a construction problem and can only be solved with a solution from Toyota.

As another user said my seat are also starting to make noise and I guess this is another known problem.

I would suggest everyone with these kind of problems noises in the interior to report them here and we could eventually send a complain to Toyota Europe so that a final solution is found.

The other user of the forum with the seats noises his dealer told him that it was fixed for now but would eventually return.

As for your other complains I don't have anything to point out

PS: I can gladly report the problem by mail to Toyota Europe because I question them before and I received an answer. Send me your problem (related to interior noises) by PM along with your name and Auris model.

Today I checked the acceleration problem: it does not happen when accelerating at 1600 rpm, it happens when CRUISING at 1600 rpm, which is bad because I drive about twice a day for 20 minutes on a highway where the speed limit is 90 Km/h, and that means cruising at 1600 rpm in 6th... I don't fancy driving in a vibration machine for treating cellulite like the ones they sell on tv :)

I think that, apart from the various rattles that are minor problems, this is a major issue with my auris, and I fear this vibration is not a defect but a "feature" of the 1AD-FTV engine.

@Grippen: I'm getting the car serviced next monday, so before that I wouldn't complain directly with toyota... Maybe they will fix the rattle and the other noises. If the rattle will come back, I'll certainly accept your offer.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. Yesterday, after having the brake pads polished, the noise went away, but today, to my great joy, it came back.

After driving my auris for 200km on motorways, I think I have better understood the circumstances under which the jerks appear.

At 130 km/h, even on the best and smoothest asphalt, the car jerks ALL TIME. At lower speeds the vibration is far less noticeable and can be mistaken for asphalt roughness (asphalt sucks in Italy and that's why I thought that the jerks were present only at certain rpm). But there's more: i think there's a connection between the jerks and the noise from the rear brakes. When driving the car at the minimum possible speed (cluch engaged, 800rpm, 1st gear), the noise is clearly audible, and it's not contiuous. It's intermittent! It looks like some ovalized rotating component makes the brake noise AND causes the jerks at higher speeds (they could be caused by intermittent brake application). Today I'll get the car serviced and I'll keep you informed.

I apologize again for my macaroni english :(

Ok I hope you can solve those problems. I noticed that the brakes noise is only coming now when in reverse. I cannot listen to it (if its there its too low now) when going forward. However I will tell them again to solve this in the first service. I have a major problem now I scratched my right door on a pilar this weekend :( I doubt I can solve this with polish I guess I will have to spent some money (or activate insurance) to solve it. Will know later when I go to the Toyota service.

Today I took my auris to the dealer at 9.00 am. Went for a ride with the head-mechanic, he listened carefully to all the noises and jerks and whatever. He said the jerks could be caused by a tire not mounted well on the wheel. Nothing risky, anyway. Called them at 5.00 pm: they've fixed the rattle coming from the dashboard, and it took them 6 hours to fix it!!! They said that they'll look after the jerks tomorrow. Let's hope they fix them fast...

I feel sorry for your baby Grippen :(

UPDATE: they sorted out all the dashboard vibrations, the jerks were caused by two ovalized dunlop tires!!! They'll replace then as soon as they receive them from Dunlop. Now my baby is almost perfect, except from the jerks :mad2:

does anyone have creeky seats? sometimes when just sitting there i would shuffle back and stuff to get comfy but it creeks and it really get annoying, this also happens when turning corners, its not a constant thing but when it does happen its very :ffs:

i havent took it to my dealer yet because it doesnt happen much but just wondering does this happen to anyone else.

thanks..

Oh and also Im thinking of getting a set of rims, i was thinking of some gold colour ones 18"

my car is "decuma grey" and i think it would look quite nice gold on grey

does anyone have creeky seats? sometimes when just sitting there i would shuffle back and stuff to get comfy but it creeks and it really get annoying, this also happens when turning corners, its not a constant thing but when it does happen its very :ffs:

i havent took it to my dealer yet because it doesnt happen much but just wondering does this happen to anyone else.

thanks..

Oh and also Im thinking of getting a set of rims, i was thinking of some gold colour ones 18"

my car is "decuma grey" and i think it would look quite nice gold on grey

I had a creaking recently and pinned it down to a creek on the passenger seat - touch wood it appears to have stopped as quickly as it started but time will see

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links