Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello

84RWDCorolla

Hi I'm new just thought I should say hi. I just bought my first Toyota ('84 ae86) and plan on building my first rally car out of it, so any advice would be helpful (it needs a cage, does anyone make a bolt in cage?).

Mornin'! Welcome along, and good luck with the project! I'm sure there will be a few of us that have an strong interest in what you're wanting to do, so make sure you keep us up to date with it! :)

Hello and welcome!!!

A few people make cages, but I am guessing if you are making a rally car it has to be FIA apprived??

Try safetydevices ;)

I will be sure to keep everyone posted on my progress. I checked out Safety Devices a few months ago but the site was still under construction (I'll have to look again). Well I posted a picture of it I ran out of flat black so it has a little satin in it to, I'll fix it when I get to paint latter. This weekend it gets bash plates and flex damn (air damn).

08232007083757pmfb2.th.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hello again to all of you. I did a lot of work to the old corolla since the last time I was here (mainly just fixing all the 20 year old parts that broke). Unfortunately someone in Honda rear ended it and the insurance called it a total because it was so old.

This is what I got it to before the Honda hit it:

getattachmentaspxhfhfdhvh8.jpg

Well I test drove about 20-30 cars before I gave up trying to find something to take the place of the corolla. So I gave in and just went and got another ae86 (the new one is an '85 GTS coupe).

This is the new one:

12345nu2.jpg

So what did I learn? I only feel right behind the wheel of a corolla now???????? Everything else just feels numb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links