Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Locking Or Not!

silvergs

Anybody to the rescue with this daft question for a new owner. So i have a 99v Yaris gs. Central locking but no remote old skool key in the door jobbie.

Up until today when i unlocked the car from drivers side or passengers it also un locked the boot. I can now only gain access to the boot with key in the boot lock turned to the left then press the button in! It's real pain that the central locking refusee to unlock it. when i lock the car i can here the boot lock activate but silent when i un lock it.

The manual mentions once the boot has been locked with the key it can then only be opened with it? I've tried for about an hour trying everything including disconnecting the Battery.

quick way to solve this is open the boot where the lock is on the boot (the open bit) theres a piece of cloth with a few screws that just pop off behind that is the lock mechanism a white hook should be there just put that back over the black bit it should work know sounds like it might have just unconnected thats all

quick way to solve this is open the boot where the lock is on the boot (the open bit) theres a piece of cloth with a few screws that just pop off behind that is the lock mechanism a white hook should be there just put that back over the black bit it should work know sounds like it might have just unconnected thats all

Cheers thats exactly what had happened, i achieved the same result by undoing three small bolts on the boot lid catch, 10mm head. I think that what had happened is that i had turned the key the wrong way in the door lock whilst my wife had tried to open the boot simultaneously. The boot button has a white lever arm with a slot for the central locking motor to locate in. This was now not the case so the motor would push the arm to lock the boot but unable to pull the arm to unlock.

Cheers Simon.

hey guys iv jst bought a yaris today but i have the opposite problem, its central locking but my problem is that when i unlock the car the boot is unlocked but when i lock the car, the doors lock but the boot doesnt... why is that?? also when i lock the car i turn the key to the left, now if i do this again with the doors already locked i can hear it click again like its trying to lock again is it ment to do that? is tht how i lock the boot... alittle confused... can anybody help?

thank you..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links