Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Questions About Speaker Setup And Options For Yaris? Please Advise

Blobert

Hi Guys,

I've got an aftermarket cd player unit fitted in my Vitz/Yaris with four Speakers, two of which are quite hefty units placed on top of the parcel shelf like this:

4vcw1l1.jpg

These Speakers are not actually great sound quality and rattle the shelf a lot because they are quite heavy (coupled with the racing suspension which rattles the whole car on Irish roads:)

Thus as I'm getting the following replacement Cd player:

http://www.newimagecarhifi.com/scripts/pro...?idproduct=1406

I was thinking of replacement rear Speakers as well.

What would people recommend for best quality sound, I'm not that concerned with loud volume.

Would a pair of 6"x9"'s such as these:

http://www.newimagecarhifi.com/scripts/pro...p?idproduct=894

Fitted into a custom MDF parcel shelf to stop the rattle produce the best sound? Would my Cd unit be able to power them?

Or would it be better to stick with the existing parcel shelf and fit a pair of smaller, or just lighter, speakers? If so what size?

Please advise, I'd appreciate any help.

Robert

Not too keen on Sony car stuff at all but those Speakers would certainly sound better than the standard ones and aren't too pricey either.

The sound quality would be loads better in a stronger parcel shelf as well, less rattle too. Go for it mate!!!

Not too keen on Sony car stuff at all but those speakers would certainly sound better than the standard ones and aren't too pricey either.

The sound quality would be loads better in a stronger parcel shelf as well, less rattle too. Go for it mate!!!

Thanks for the reply,

So would that unit power those Speakers Ok?

Would I just be able to swap over the wiring from the existing Speakers?

I think there is also a small power supply being run to these Speakers as they light up at night.

Should I remove this?

Thanks

Thanks,

I went ahead and ordered the Sony unit for less than €100 (its 150 on Pixmania) so I'm happy with the price and it gets good reviews from everywhere.

Also got a pair of these Infinity 6x9"s:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/1199.html (they were only €40 buying through the same company on eBay)

Will probably remove my current parcel shelf with Speakers attached (I can put this back in when reselling the car if people want carzy Speakers that light up at night) and build an MDF one like in that thread.

My brother has a jigsaw and decent handyman skills so I will enlist his help. With a heavier parcel shelf with in built Speakers is it a bad idea to try and get this to open with the boot like the current shelf, it might be too heavy?

One more thing, where can I get grey carpet lining to go over my new parcel shelf?

I'm looking for something close to matching the original.

Thanks for all the continued help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links