Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Derv Filter Primer Being Sucked Down

GT4 BOOSTER

question for the gurus

if i drive for 10 minutes over 3000 rpm the primer top is being sucked down, therefore i break down due to fuel starvation or something.

any ideas , i know fords did this and it was the primer itself , any ideas anyone.

I would think that the tank filler is not venting properly, try running with the cap off or just screw it on lightly so that it does not seal.

thanks andy , it only seems to do it after about 5 miles at 3000 rpm , if i do 50 or 60 all the time its fine . would this make any difference. its like fuel starvation then total shut down.

i drilled a small hole in the fuel cap , i'll see if it improves things.

Fuel filter????

not fuel filter , but crap on the fuel intake inside the tank . pump is sucking but nothing comming up , down to veg oil cleaning out the tank so im informed. anyways i drilled a small hole in fuel cap to help breathing , wether its the hole or me blowing down the fuel inlet pipe , its going ok now once again , phew !!!

Yup i really got to get a spare fuel filter since I have been vegging it!

i carry 2 now , last week i took it off after 500 miles on wvo , 1st time id ever broken down in 2 years , and the filter was minging . this leads me to believe that flakes are in the tank and clogging the fuel pick up.

i did drain the tank last week and flushed it out twice using fresh derv with the tank bung removed , in the bucket i saw loads of circular looking clumps of debris .

if i break down in the future , take off inlet pipe to filter and blow hard this kicks off the crap from the pick up tube .

oh corn oil lidl 49p a litre and its really thin too. with wvo and derv im getting 50 mpg in theory its more economical than a 1.8 d fiesta :yahoo:

this is the cause of my fuel shortage. fat deposits from wvo , which i had filtered 3 times to skim the fat out of . Its svo from now on once i get the tank cleaned out.

SP_A0034.jpg

I only run SVO....

Still all in the name of research eh fella?

oh hell yeah , i got over 1000 miles on it , so cleaning the tank out once in a while is ok . :yahoo:

took tank off tonight , inside was minging with old stale fat particles floating about , even filtered 4 times fat content is still there. svo from now on .

• 4 weeks later...
this is the cause of my fuel shortage. fat deposits from wvo , which i had filtered 3 times to skim the fat out of . Its svo from now on once i get the tank cleaned out.

SP_A0034.jpg

ive got the same problem its not fat in my tank because ive not used any ive had the tank cleaned out to and pipes blown out the cap goes down on the filter yet wont suck fuel through the garage man is pulling his hair out

question for the gurus

if i drive for 10 minutes over 3000 rpm the primer top is being sucked down, therefore i break down due to fuel starvation or something.

any ideas , i know fords did this and it was the primer itself , any ideas anyone.

just had the same m8 and here,s what it is the fuel line between the filter and tank take filler cap of and blow it back just did it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links