Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radiater Warning Light Emina

kenglos

Hi my radiater warning light is on coolant tank full, seems to warm up sooner, I think the thermostat is staying closed have done no motor way driving any one had simler new rad fitted 6 months ago I think I need new stat before I start pulling the seats and engine cover out I thought I would ask for advice on this forum kenglos

Hi my radiater warning light is on coolant tank full, seems to warm up sooner, I think the thermostat is staying closed have done no motor way driving any one had simler new rad fitted 6 months ago I think I need new stat before I start pulling the seats and engine cover out I thought I would ask for advice on this forum kenglos

Welcome.

Which light exactly? If it's a level sensor they're notorious for going wrong and not that cheap.

You can usually disconnect and bridge the contacts to overcome it, or else should be easy to replace. Many GT4 owners have done this on the one on the Charge Cooler.

To test it, remove the sensor and see if its float floats when dunked in a bowl of water. Also check that its contacts open and close when the float rises and falls.

Welcome.

Which light exactly? If it's a level sensor they're notorious for going wrong and not that cheap.

You can usually disconnect and bridge the contacts to overcome it, or else should be easy to replace. Many GT4 owners have done this on the one on the Charge Cooler.

To test it, remove the sensor and see if its float floats when dunked in a bowl of water. Also check that its contacts open and close when the float rises and falls.

Welcome.

Hi the warning light refers to the secondary water level not being to the recomeded level acording to the list of warning lights, the level of the plastic filling tank under bonnet is ok I can't find any wires going to that so were the secondary is I don't know? unless it is refering to the radiater but i do't rember any wires going to that when I fitted a new one the car is a 8 seater diesel Toyota Emina Kenglos

• 2 years later...

Hi, i just bought an old one and having similar problem, i have a light coming on to say problem with back lights but there is none and my heaters dont work and loads of steam started coming out of my radiator the other day and from then i think my temp display is busted!!! radiator is holding water so driving it but just got new thermastat off the shelf from foreign auto parts glos (£11-88) so hopefitting that will sort it out!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links