Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amazon Rear View Camera

xoxmartxox

Does anyone know for sure what system the satnav monitor uses for rearview camera , is it PAL or NSTC ?

I have from new a May 2004 Amazon L/Cuiser which came standard with a rear view camera which has packed up and Toyota wanted a massive £478!!! for replacement. The camera was good, but its not that good!

I've read a couple of articles, one from this site with Amazons (Dave from Dublin) who have managed to add a camera to their slightly older satnav systems without the camera. They paid about £20 including shipping from China etc. for camera and got to work no problem. I ordered (so I thought) the same/similar camera and was to believe by advertiser of camera that it was PAL/NSTC compliant. Camera arrived and was marked PAL and basically doesn't work. Advertiser should have actually said that I needed to stipulate PAL OR NSTC. I know camera works cause I have had working on another monitor, so is it because its PAL and system needs NSTC camera or do I need to consider something else?.

Does anyone know for sure what system the satnav monitor uses for rearview camera , is it PAL or NSTC ?

I have from new a May 2004 Amazon L/Cuiser which came standard with a rear view camera which has packed up and Toyota wanted a massive £478!!! for replacement. The camera was good, but its not that good!

I've read a couple of articles, one from this site with Amazons (Dave from Dublin) who have managed to add a camera to their slightly older satnav systems without the camera. They paid about £20 including shipping from China etc. for camera and got to work no problem. I ordered (so I thought) the same/similar camera and was to believe by advertiser of camera that it was PAL/NSTC compliant. Camera arrived and was marked PAL and basically doesn't work. Advertiser should have actually said that I needed to stipulate PAL OR NSTC. I know camera works cause I have had working on another monitor, so is it because its PAL and system needs NSTC camera or do I need to consider something else?.

I am repying to myself cause no one else has yet. Since this post I've found out/and checked there is only 6V going to the OEM camera, but when I applied 12V to my replacement £5 version ----- hey presto it worked and image appeared on screen albeit in black & white. This confirms image I got on another monitor mentioned above, which was switchable from NSTC to PAL, which when switched to PAL image was in colour. Hopefully now I can get NSTC camera (for colour with Toyota SATNAV screen) and convert 6V supply to 12V or alternatively take power from reversing lights when activated. I keep up developments in case it all goes t.ts up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links