Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Washer

gretag4

[The rear winscreen washer on my Carina E will not work. The pump sounds as if it is going and the front washers work. I have poked a pin in the jet. Hoping that you can help.

Welcome.

Have you tried disconnecting the pipe to the rear jet at the pump to see whether the pump moves any water with the hoses disconnected?

Could be a kink in the pipe somewhere, or the motor may be faulty even though it sounds like it's spinning.

You could also try briefly switching the hoses around to see whether the front pump* can push water though the rear pipe. *or else the part of the single pump that normally directs water to the front screen in the case of a dual action pump.

HTH

Welcome.

Have you tried disconnecting the pipe to the rear jet at the pump to see whether the pump moves any water with the hoses disconnected?

Could be a kink in the pipe somewhere, or the motor may be faulty even though it sounds like it's spinning.

You could also try briefly switching the hoses around to see whether the front pump* can push water though the rear pipe. *or else the part of the single pump that normally directs water to the front screen in the case of a dual action pump.

HTH

Hi,

I have similar problem in my Toyota Corolla,

Front windscreen washer working properly but water isnt coming out of rear jet.

I saw the water is leaking and it is timming down from the middle of my car (just under the driver's seat)

I guess there is a cut in the washer pipe.

I was wondering how easy to replace the pipe on my own.

Earliest response is apericiated

Thanks for looking

I guess there is a cut in the washer pipe.

I was wondering how easy to replace the pipe on my own.

Hi Asad,

Very easy I should think. It's not like petrol or brake pipes that are hard, if not impossible, to join.

You can buy pipe and connectors in Halfords etc. You just need to gain access to the pipe - which at a guess runs along the interior sill or else the 'transmission tunnel'

If it were me I'd take off the sill trim / kick plate and look inside there for the pipe first. If it is there, then there are wires there too, so best fix it sooner rather than later. You may find it's just a connector come loose, or if it is a split then you might be able to repair it with tape, or else splice in a new piece of hose fairly easily.

Good luck.

Unless anyone else can advise exactly where the pipe runs on your model of Rolla? I don't think you mentioned what year / model it is?

Welcome.

HTH

Welcome.

HTH

Many thanks. I will have a go tomorrow if it isn't raining. It worked well before it was serviced.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was doing this (Corolla)

Back not doing anything, but front wad fine, topped up the washer fluid and it started to work again. I put it down to pressure.

I put it down to pressure.

No doubt; it's a hard life being a windscreen washer pump ;)

Hi,

Thanks for all who replied sorry was away so couldn't replied earlier.

I had a good look and i found that water is dripping dound from almost under the driver seat,

I topped my washer tank and left car in a dry place after couple of hours I found the ground just behind driver seat was wet. had a look and saw there was a kind of cap in the bottom and water is dripping from there that means either pipe has cut or something liek that.

I guess the pipe is gone from outer body but covered ofcourse.

my worry is can I be able to push 2-3 meter pipe safely to the other end?

has anyone done that.

I guess garage person will charge me hell lot of money for this

Any help is much apericiated.

Also

My car gives me just under 8 miles per litre (before service) 93 reg , 1.4 engine. is this a good mileage ?

Cheers

I wonder if you could use the old pipe to pull the new one through - if you tape them together?

I guess it depends on whether the old pipe is somehow fixed inside the channel that it's running through.

If not, you either need to gain access to feed it through, or else hope you can push the new one through. Or failing that find a new route for the new pipe.

HTH

I wonder if you could use the old pipe to pull the new one through - if you tape them together?

I guess it depends on whether the old pipe is somehow fixed inside the channel that it's running through.

If not, you either need to gain access to feed it through, or else hope you can push the new one through. Or failing that find a new route for the new pipe.

HTH

Thanks it is a very good idea

I will explore this option

I am glad I posted my question on this forum

• 2 months later...

Also

My car gives me just under 8 miles per litre (before service) 93 reg , 1.4 engine. is this a good mileage ?

Cheers

Hi,

Thant's about 40miles per gallon, roughly, prob just over, which isn't bad, pretty good for a 93 car actually.

:D BenN74 :D

Hello toyotaownersclub members,

I have got a 1998 AVENSIS GS 1800CC.

My cars problem is that The front windscreen washer on my drivers side dosn't full operate. The passenger side is fine.

Any ideas?

Hello toyotaownersclub members,

I have got a 1998 AVENSIS GS 1800CC.

My cars problem is that The front windscreen washer on my drivers side dosn't full operate. The passenger side is fine.

Any ideas?

Almost has to be a blocked jet; remove and try to blow the obstruction through. Or failing that you can try a needle or something but be careful not to damage the hole; if you make it bigger you'll get a stream of water instead of a jet.

The only other fault I can think of that would affect one side only is a blocked pipe, but that's most unlikely unless the pipe has been trapped in the bonnet shut for example.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links